3. Norwegian Bliss
We chose NCL Bliss for our Christmas cruise because @famcruising we are all about cruising with friends and family. NCL offers tons of fun, excellent live music and entertainment. We love the specialty dining on NCL and the free drink package is always a great deal. The Bliss is a beautiful ship. It's the most beautiful and most spectacular ship I've been on in 20 years of cruising. Our family loved it. We had an amazing cruise. We highly recommend the Jersey Boys show. We had many great nights of dancing at the Spice H2O club and we can recommend Cagney's steakhouse for great specialty dining. There were a few disappointments - The Bliss was built for Alaskan cruises. Subsequently the Bliss has only one pool outside of the Haven. For a Caribbean cruise the single pool got so crowded it was 5 people deep all the way around it. You could not even get close to the water. Also we found the dining room food and service to be lacking of NCL's high standards. It could be that the Bliss was new at the time however I suspect that NCL's turn towards including the beverage package is directly related to the lack of bar service. The anytime dining also, in our opinion, adds to the lack of good dining room service. We like to have the same wait staff each night and get to know them. We found the lack of service to be a let down as the cruise industry has set the bar in the service industry. Incidentally we have also cruised on NCL Dawn and found the service there to be less than spectacular. Overall we loved the Bliss, had an amazing time and recommend it. We @famcruising have another NCL cruise booked on the NCL Epic. We will be interested to see how the service is on the Epic vs the Bliss. We will post a review after that cruise.

NCL's new ship the Bliss is worth the wait

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by family_cruising

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA
This was the usual mid-ship balcony room. We had a good room steward, the room was very clean and nice. It featured USB ports to help with charging phones, etc.. The one, very specific, problem I would point out is that the bed faced the stern (back) of the ship not the bow. In 20 years of cruising I found that to be unique and I did not like it. I actually get motion sickness if I am not facing the direction the ship travels so it was a problem for me throughout the week.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins