Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review
2,389 Reviews

Jewel A big disappointment.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Maeshel

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside

We chose this cruise as a family cruise. My self, wife , son, 2 grandkids and my 92 tear old mother.

Cabin:

Our cabin was 9545 and is the worst cabin by far that I have had on any cruise. Your could here the toilet flush in the rooms around us. I don't know if there was a crew walk way, the other side of the wall at the back of the stateroom, Often through out the night we would get a loud rumbling sound that sounded like a loud clap of thunder. The hose to our shower was leaking where it was connected to the shower head. Cabin steward was notified the second day of the cruise. It was still leaking at the end of the cruise.

Room was clean and made up good everyday.

Dinning:

Main dinning Hall:

We had 2 dinner and a breakfast in the main dinning hall. The breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, waffles hash browns and corn beef hash.

First dinner nothing memorable. I can't even remember what I had. The second meal I had seafood pasta. I didn't finish the dish.

Chin Chin was nothing=g more than the middle of the road Chinese. I had the Orange Beef.

Buffet:

We had most meals their. The menu pretty much didn't change.

I know the mixed berries were not fresh but frozen. I had chunks that hadn't thawed yet in my dish. I suspect that the pastries were frozen also. Over all just buffet food.

I have been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises, 2 Carnival cruises and 2 American Steamship cruises and the food by far would rank at the bottom.

Crew:

The crew was very friendly and extremely helpful to us. Especially my 92 year old mother.

Entertainment and Activities:

We did not attend the Stardust shows but the entertainment in the bars was real good.

As far as activities go, I felt they were lacking on sea days compared to past cruises.

Shore excursions:

We went on 2 and they were both great.

Juneau we went on one of the mushing trips. It was very interesting and the scenery was beautiful.

Skagway we booked the railroad and gold panning excursion. It was well worth the price.

Cruise was northbound July 15

Maeshel's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin ID 9545

Very noisy. We could hear toliets flushing from the rooms around us. There were periodic lound booms, like claps of thunder thruout the night.

Maeshel