3. Vasco da Gama
We choose this cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The ship was old and tired and leaked. Our cabin carpet was wet the whole cruise and I was sick the whole cruise. It was only when we disembarked that I got over the virus I had the whole cruise. The ship needs a full refurbishment so that the hallways/rooms are not full of dryers trying to dry the smelly carpets the whole time. The dining experience was not good to start with but as it was a maiden voyage the staff needed time to find their way around the ship too. By the end of the cruise the meals were fine, all except the grill restaurant where you had to pay an additional charge. We went there twice thinking it might improve but it didn't. Don't waste your money there. The steaks were tough and dry. The entertainment was not good, the person who got the biggest crowds was the lecturer who outlined the ports and the history of where we were. The staff, all except the front desk, did their best but they seemed to have been thrown in the deep end with little support from their head office. Also the hand sanitizing on the ship was not enforced and I think this must also have had something to do with the very large number of sick people on this cruise. I would never cruise with CMV again.

A sailing lemon

Vasco da Gama Cruise Review by janquigg

I would never cruise with CMV again.
janquigg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Vasco da Gama price drops

our cabin would have been fine except it was damp, the carpet smelly, the toilets only worked sometimes.

More Vasco da Gama Reviews