3. MSC Musica
We chose this cruise because the kids were free and since we were getting married it seemed like a good choice to offset some of the costs. This was my first cruise but my husband had previously cruised before on many other ships and if it was just for me I would never cruise again based on my experience on MSC but my husband swears that he's never had such bad experience on other cruises. I don't know where to begin. First, our pool towels were never changed even if I left the dirty ones in the shower, they would get folded and put back on our bed. The embarcation and debarcation was a fiasco at each port. It was disorganized like it was their first time which created long waits. The food in the buffet was limited and always running out, long waits for them to refill the food. There was never any ice at the machine except very early morning. ALL the food buffet and restaurant were "ok", nothing special just ordinary. Everything tasted the same because it lacked seasoning. Usually you have a big "always available menu" for when you don't like the dining menu but there was only 2 options there for the entire week, grilled chicken and fries. The portions were very small, we often had to get 2 dishes because of the size. The service in the dining room was awful. Given the wedding, we had a group of 17 seated together but at different tables next to each other. We never (both tables) ate together the entire week. Their table was always finished 45-60 minutes before us. At our own table, we were never served at the same time either since they would bring out dishes as they were ready and not per table which meant that sometimes 3 people would be eating then 5-10 mins later 2 more plates came then 2 more etc. On the night of the wedding, we decided to treat ourselves to the steak (20EURO/person). The steak was undercooked when we received it (20 minutes after our guests received their regular meals) so by the time we got it back it was 45 minutes later. The whole table was done eating and of course the other table in our group had already left which made it hard to serve the wedding cake (which they brought out as I was eating my steak). They then rushed us out because of the next seating was starting to come in which was the case all week but worse that night considering the circumstances of the wedding and cake. After the ceremony, we were taken all over the ship for pictures with the ship photographer which meant we left the ceremony hall with our personal decorations. We called and asked at service desk for the following 3 days (multiple times per day) and nobody knew where our stuff was and they kept saying that someone would get back to us but never did. We FINALLY received our stuff 1 hour before leaving the cruise. The entertainment was "ok". I expected a different act each night but it was the same all week but with different music and outfits. The dances are basically the same. I wanted magic one night, comedy another, dance another, acrobatic another etc. Also, on special nights such as 70's or white etc, they would close the lounges and disco to force you to go to their activity. That was frustrating. We wanted to go dance but couldn't because it would only open after the other thing was done, usually at midnight so on most nights we just went to bed early. My daughter (15) wanted to check out the teen club, we got there and there were young men (20's) hanging out with the kids and couldn't see any MSC cruise member supervising which is how this happened. I don't want my 15 year old hanging out with 20 year old men. Last issue, we had onboard credits while booking our cruise but the reception desk refused to let us use them. We only found out when we settled our bill at the end of the week. If we would of known, we wouldn't of spent to much. We were spending because we thought we had those extra credits.

Would not cruise again

MSC Musica Cruise Review by kimmienath

kimmienath’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get MSC Musica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Bella
Cabin B1 10235
good size room, can't feel the wave therefore no motion sickness but lots of vibrations
Minuetto Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins