3. Carnival Sunrise
We chose this cruise as a family vacation for 16 of us. We love cruising and have probably done about 6 over the years, but this was our first Carnival cruise, and sadly will probably be our last. This crew is MISERABLE, never, EVER have I ever met a staff so UNFRIENDLY! Our only saving grace was our waiters, other than that, NO ONE ! Yes, we all have bad days, but to be down right rude to guests is unacceptable. For example being told, "Isn't that what the sign says?" (with a shake of her head) after asking a simple question at one of the stores on the Promenade, having eyes rolled at you by more than ONE staff member, or having pictures swiped out of your hand at PIXELS... What is that about? I believe this ship is severely understaffed, and yes, that will cause unhappiness with the crew, but honestly you expanded the number of guests to close to 4,000 and yet did not increase your staff (I asked, they didn't!). So, what does this result in? LONG lines EVERYWHERE (ex: food, and events), not enough seating to adequately meet the needs of your guests, oh and did I mention, grumpy, rude, staff? You go on vacation to get away from it all, this was a rude awakening for us. Every other cruise we ever went on had staffs that went above and beyond, and truly deserved praise (, to actually have my room steward ask we twice, "So, you mean you want me to come in twice a day?" ....LOL, ummmmmmm, yes, a steward straightens in the morning, and folds down the beds at night. What am I missing? Is this not a "Carnival" norm? This is a beautiful ship, and with all this being said, we made the most of this vacation. My issue is really with Carnival, we are long time Royal Caribbean guests, and wanted to give the FUN ship a try, but this was it for us. When you invite almost 4,000 guests aboard, the expectation is that it will be a memorable experience for all 4,000 on board, I mean after all, isn't that what they paid for? I understand this is my opinion, and others may feel differently, however, when 16 people in one group agree that this was the worse cruise experience any of us have ever had...I am glad I wasn't the only one to experience it. Like others, I was so excited for this cruise, and now that it is over, this is the ONLY negative review I have ever written. When someone as easy going as myself has a problem, believe it!

Miserable Staff

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by Nettie920

Nettie920’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunrise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 6304
Average cabin, only comment is even all the way down the hall you can hear the nightly even from level 3 center. I felt bad for those closer to the elevators, they probably got no sleep.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins