3. Norwegian Bliss
I chose this Alaskan Itinerary because it was one of the few that went to Glacier Bay and I wanted my kids to see it over the other options. Here were some of my answers to the NCL survey they just sent to me. 1. Breakfast at the buffet didn't have the variety I am used to. 2. The Race Track was fully booked within the first few hours of boarding. Maybe you should limit reservations to one per person until the 2nd day so we all have a shot. 3. Drink package not inclusive of bottles of water? So I can have a $10 glass of wine, but can't get a 25cent bottle of water? That's just petty. 4. Drink package not to include espresso/latte? 5. Gym had minimal weight equip. Plenty of cardio, but not enough weights. 6. I chose this specific cruise solely because it hit glacier bay. The value of this cruise was poor compared to others that had another stop instead of glacier bay. If I had to do it again, I would choose a less costly cruise. 7. Limited storage in the rooms, especially for my kids who had an inside stateroom. 8. Elevators were awful- Too long to wait, always full, disembarkation took me over 10 minutes to catch an open elevator. 9. Photo package should be unlimited like Disney offers. I would gladly pay you $300 vs the $150 for my 10 images if I could have unlimited digital images. I don't need the prints. There is no incremental cost to you, so it is 100% profit to allow me all photos for more money. You already did the work, but you lost out on $150 in more revenue. Other cruise lines provide this and you should too! 10. Wine cost is absolutely ridiculous. You have maybe 2-3 wines in each class that qualify for the drink package. I can walk into any restaurant in town and get a nice glass of wine for $14, but on your ship, that isn't the case. 11. Because of this, I likely would NEVER pay for a drink package again on your cruise line vs your competition. 12. Pool entertainment was too short. They should be out there all day long. 13. Pool temperature was too cold. 14. Hot tubs were always crowded and there weren't enough of them. They should also be located on the main pool deck, not just up above. 15. Entertainment was great. Jersey Boys, the Beatles, Havana, comedy, all good. Kids enjoyed this as well. 16. Could never find a seat in the mojito bar. 17. Needed more jazz music too, rumba, foxtrot music to dance to. 18. Pizza was so good I gained 5 lbs. 19. It's Alaska, how about a king crab dinner included. 20. $15 cover for Margaritaville? Not necessary, not worth it. 21. Same for the BBQ place. For over 10k for the family, I should get to eat in these mid tier places as part of the fare. 22. Daughter needed a bathing suit- None available for young adults in your shops. 23. Indian food in buffet was really good. 24. Plenty of omelette stations so you never had to wait long. 25. Sometimes difficult to find a place to eat at breakfast in the buffet. 26. The internet app was awesome. Again, no need to charge me $10 a person to communicate with family. For the 10k we paid, just include it. No one likes to be nickled and dimed. 27. would be nice to book larger parties in multiple staterooms for the same show. Link the rooms. 28. Let me trade my celebratory overpriced bottle of bubbly for some bottles of water. (latitudes gift)

Nice ship, but prefer Celebrity.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by The_Rabbi

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

1. Breakfast at the buffet didn't have the variety I am used to.

4. Drink package not to include espresso/latte?

5. Gym had minimal weight equip. Plenty of cardio, but not enough weights.

12. Pool entertainment was too short. They should be out there all day long.

13. Pool temperature was too cold.

16. Could never find a seat in the mojito bar.

17. Needed more jazz music too, rumba, foxtrot music to dance to.

18. Pizza was so good I gained 5 lbs.

19. It's Alaska, how about a king crab dinner included.

20. $15 cover for Margaritaville? Not necessary, not worth it.

23. Indian food in buffet was really good.

24. Plenty of omelette stations so you never had to wait long.

25. Sometimes difficult to find a place to eat at breakfast in the buffet.

The_Rabbi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 13750
Cabin was standard. Patio was a bit tight and the chairs, when moved were very loud.
You could hear all the doors slamming shut, so if you are a light sleeper, your neighbors will wake you. Not much storage, but we made it work.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    This was the primary reason we booked this itinerary. Enjoyed the beauty of sailing in the bay. We had a nice sunny day and enjoyed the close up views of the glacier. They open the Helipad for viewing around 7:30-8am so get there early for nice view. Dress warmly, it was windy and cold.
    View All 751 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Whale Watching
    Did the combo Mendenhall Glacier and Whale watching. It was cattle car and not intimate, but we enjoyed the whale watching especially. Likely would skip the glacier if we had to do it again as we had 1.5 hours there and only needed about 45 mins, so we just sat around waiting for the bus.
    View All 843 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Sea Cycles
    This was fun. We had crappy weather, light mist and a small group of only 3 sea cycles. The gear was great and the guide was awesome. I would suggest being in decent shape for this. You don't need to be a marathon runner, but if you aren't in decent shape, I think you'll struggle a bit.
    Highlight for me was the Eagle show at the end. They throw some fish into the water and the Eagles swoop down right in front of you and grab some lunch. Bring your camera for this!
    View All 9 Sea Cycles Reviews
  • Space Needle
    Just booked this directly. Went Sunday morning after we departed the ship. Not too crowded and had a nice view.
    View All 47 Space Needle Reviews
  • Yukon Van Tour
    Went out to the Yukon in a 20+ person bus. This seemed better than doing the train ride. We went farther and faster, got to see a lot more. My daughter liked seeing the dogs at the mushing camp.
    View All 126 Yukon Van Tour Reviews
  • Butchart Gardens
    Problem is the ship gets in too late, so you are there in the dark. Can't really enjoy the beauty of the park. We did get to see the Fireworks show, which was awesome, but not sure it was worth $400 plus for the family for that. If they got in 2 hours earlier and we could enjoy the afternoon/evening while the sun is out, this would be a 5 star review.
    View All 275 Butchart Gardens Reviews