MSC Seaview Cruise Review

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by mrsbrandonisio

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Inside Stateroom

First off, when we arrived I checked the sheets/bed as I always do and found tons of hair in the sheets. The bed was made so I’m confused as to how there was hair in the sheets? Did they remake the bed but not change the sheets?? I called guest services to have the sheets changed.

Room was not very clean. I dropped my chapstick on the floor on the side of the bed and when I picked it up, I also picked up hairs and other debris along with my chapstick. You could tell they don’t move things around then they clean and only clean the visible areas.

Customer service was terrible. On the first day, our waiter didn’t even tell us his name or do the usual introduction. We didn’t encounter any friendly workers on this cruise. In our past experiences, the workers have been very friendly and outgoing and always willing to talk. At the very least, I expected them to be friendly.

They say they accommodate for gluten free. I filled out the paperwork over a month before & even called them to confirm this. When I arrive they tell me that the buffet isn’t safe and I should only eat on the MDR. This being a European cruise with a daily stop, we had an excursion every day so when we came back, the dining room was closed for lunch. This left me with only the buffet which I was told wasn’t safe for me to eat. I had to starve until dinner time because of the high risk of cross contamination. I attempted to eat at the omelette station for breakfast one day before a tour and got terribly sick. The breakfast times didn’t always work out with tours either. On our LAST day I was told that there were gluten free lunchboxes that I could request to take on excisions. Why wasn’t I told about this on the first day!? All I was told repeatedly sad that the buffet wasn’t safe and to eat in the MDR, even though I repeatedly told them that I had tours and came back after the MDR was closed. They didn’t make an effort to make special meals for me or try to accommodate for me when I would come back from a long tour which was during a heat wave mind you, so I was starving! I purposely chose MSC because I read all about their gf options. I feel completely blindsided and lied to. There’s nothing worse than feeling like you cannot eat safely on a vacation!

Furthermore, the excursions are not organized at all, you would think that they would be considering they do the same thing every week. None of them left on time and we had transportation issues with two of our buses. The ac broke down on two buses, both in 95 heat!! And I felt so terrible after the second time because we were driving and then waiting in the hot bus for I don’t even know how long. I was sick the entire night and then had to go to the emergency room in Rome the next day because I had severe heat exhaustion and required an IV and antibiotics for my high fever and heart rate. It’s clear that there isn’t required maintenance on these vehicles which is very unsafe, especially during the current heat wave in Europe! The tour guide was exceptionally rude and told us to shut our mouths and wait for another bus. Multiple people felt very sick and I’m sure I am not the only one who got severe heat exhaustion.

Overall, it was a terrible experience. I deeply regret choosing MSC and would never cruise with them again.

mrsbrandonisio's Full Rating Summary