This cruise was so much fun.
1) Definitely get off the ship at the ports. The princess excursions guarantee you won't miss the ship departure.
2) Pack for rain!
3) Eat breakfast in the restaurant at least once because the fresh coffee, service and food were nice to enjoy at a relaxed pace!
4) Go to the special entertainment on port nights! They had Irish dancers and ballads when we were docked in Ireland and Scottish bagpipes when we were in Scotland. So much fun to have the local experience.
5) Kids club looked fun but our 12 year old hung out with us mostly. It was great to have family time at all the trivia games, movie nights and karaoke!
6) Get to know the service staff. They have interesting stories and once they know you better they really look out for you and make sure everything is great.
7) Don't hesitate to ask! Our luggage got rained on during a connecting flight and our cabin steward offered to have a few garments cleaned and pressed as they were ruined by the rain...at no charge!
e loved every port and did the Princess planned excursions which were all great! We did one excursion on our own totally (hiked to the train station, bought tickets, navigated the city by ourselves) it was a great way to see the city so if you have good health and don't mind doing the homework to get tickets, maps and know what you want to see it is totally doable in all these english speaking countries (minus Paris, France of course!)
We were travelling with mixed ages 12-84 years young and there was something for everyone!
Crew was awesome!
We had a small inside cabin but we were barely ever in it because there was so much to do!