3. Norwegian Bliss
Don't get me wrong, the ship is a miraculous vessel. But having 4,000+ people on a ship was a bit crowded to say the least. That meant when the ship docked, it could take up to an hour to get off for your shore excursions. Staff made sanitation their top priority, so that was reassuring. But no matter how many times you use hand sanitizer, you still can't escape sharing oxygen with the mouth-breathers while at sea. There was plenty to do on-board, most of which were experiences you didn't need to be on a ship for. No offense, go-karts are great (except that I needed to make a reservation to ride. Seriously), but that's not why I booked a cruise to Alaska. I booked a cruise to Alaska for the scenery. But trying to find a seat on the observation deck had me hating humanity. Honestly I've never been so ashamed to be a part of this species. Be prepared to see people in front-row chairs with a world class view to be reading a book or napping- doing everything BUT looking out the window! It would have been easier to watch the Bridge Cam on our stateroom TV than to have tried getting a view from the observation deck. Food was great, plenty of complimentary options. But if we hit the Garden Cafe (cafeteria) during a busy time, it was pure armageddon. So we purposefully got up early just to adjust our eating schedule... so much for sleeping in on vacation. Booze would have been great if mudslides weren't $14 a glass. I can't speak of any other alcoholic beverage prices, as we refrained from drinking the rest of the trip. Maybe if we got a drink package we would have had a better deal but it was still hard to shell out the additional dough up front. I've never heard of Effy jewelry until this trip and I understand why. Pretty sure they don't need to advertise anywhere else as they did so HEAVILY on the ship. They had raffles and give-aways of chintzy pieces constantly. And graciously gave you the option of upgrade to larger pieces of cubic zarconium for a fee. The ship also gave you coupons and vouchers for other jewelry stores at docking sites. So like the sheep we were, we spent a large amount of our time going to seminars and hunting down jewelry stores to get freebies. The majority of the trip felt like a convention and not a vacation. Another personal struggle was trying to overcome the noisy atmosphere to hear the heavily accented crew over the PA system whilst making announcements. In conclusion, Alaska was wonderful and I plan to see more of this amazing state in the future. But I do not intend to do so from a cruise ship.

Airport at Sea

jnrcruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IA 5735
Effective. Enough storage space for your personal items in both bedroom and bathroom.
Clean. Room steward was in frequently to tidy and leave Ship Itinerary and numerous flyers.
Only gripe would be the bed. It was a queen size consisting of two separate mattresses. Husband and I were always falling in the gap.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins