3. Carnival Legend
Overall, the cruise met my expectations. With this being my 13th Carnival adventure, I lower my exceptions with each journey. Services provided by Carnival diminish with each cruise. For example, what was once included in the price of a cruise now have fees attached. The Legend needs a lot of TLC. Exterior and interior painting is needed, furniture needs replaced as well as carpet. Quality of food has diminished over time. On the upside, the staff is friendly and helpful. I met a staff member, Roy, and he was very helpful and polite. Roy has been with Carnival for 15 years and continues to enjoy his job. He shared his family with my wife and I, which was a true honor to hear. He was a joy to meet and I am a richer person for that. The main dining room service was disappointing. On the last night, our food was served about 50 minutes after ordering and the order was incomplete, with the food cold or over cooked. Definitely not up to Carnival standards. My wife and I dined in the speciality dining and that was disappointing at the quality of food was the same found in the main dining area. My main course was cold and the entree was over cooked. Although I have a few disappointments, the trip was relaxing and enjoyable. My hope is Carnival will focus on upgrading older ships and pay attention to details cruisers see.

Alaska Cruise - Carnival Legend (7/16/19)

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by cruisin_don

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Quality of food has diminished over time.

Although I have a few disappointments, the trip was relaxing and enjoyable.

cruisin_don’s Full Rating Summary