3. Carnival Dream
This was my second ever cruise, the first was 12 years ago. This ship was so much better and the service was excellent. The nightly entertainment was great and our cruise director was awesome. We did the Salsa and Salsa tour into Merida and I highly recommend that especially if you aren't an avid beach-goer and want something different for a day. We also did the Faster to the Fun option and that was definitely as promised. We were able to go directly to our room upon boarding and were in our cabin right at noon on embarkation day. The food was well presented - we ate in the main dining room every evening and our servers were excellent. Even though we had anytime dining we tended to go at the same time and have the same servers are anyway. I liked not being tied down to a time though although if you want to see the early show you'll need to eat early anyways. Lot of families on board as it was mid-July and school is out but there was always something to do. The Build a Bear experience was chaos - they need two times to do this on summer cruises to spread out the crowds. My daughter didn't seem to notice though. I do wish Carnival would update their photo experience, it seems a bit old school to be choosing printed photos instead of getting the digital image. Overall an excellent experience and a great value.

Great starter cruise for inexperienced cruisers

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by duffybear

Overall an excellent experience and a great value.
duffybear’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Dream price drops

• Nachi Cocom Beach Club
    Great service, drinks were strong. Food I was not crazy about but it was fine - drinks were strong.
    View All 104 Nachi Cocom Beach Club Reviews
  • Progreso
    Our tour guide Amos was great. I loved this small group tour. We toured the historic church in Merida and some government palace right at the town square. The salsa making was fun and tasted great, you get 3 drinks also with the experience. I wasn't really that interested in the dancing but it was fine. Then you visit 2 shops - 1 that was kind of authentic high end stuff and another touristy souvenir shop. Good excursion.
    View All 12,792 Progreso Cruise Port Reviews