3. Norwegian Jade
This cruise started out in the hole due to substandard technology and inefficient customer service. Customer service has no capabilities of emailing you or calling you back. 15 phone calls and nearly 10 hours on hold was frustrating. This was necessary for correcting air tickets set up for the wrong day (eventually corrected), no access to e-docs (never fixed), misinformation received that warranted another phone call to hear a different story, Setting up drop off from excursion to a hotel that they had not booked us at, then finding out they hadn’t made a reservation at the hotel they had charged me for. I wound up having to make hotel and transportation plans and spending another $600 on the spot. After 2 more phone calls I found out that I would have to File a formal request for my refund and that would take 3 weeks for them to review and decide if they would refund my money. Seems like a long time for a company who required immediate payment for every new addition to the tour. While trying to get info from Customer relations on the ship they would have to contact NCL in Miami and had no access to invoices prior to trip. The right had did not know what the left hand had done. However, the food, ship, excursions and atmosphere was great. Tour guides for the tours were exceptional in their knowledge of the venues and locales. So in spite of NCL and their concerted effort to screw this trip up, we had a good time. NOTE: Service by food staff and housekeeping was excellent. The customer service staff were ineffective and I believe that is because of the misinformation they were given. I was given 3 different responses to the same problem by 3 different staff members. Plus shore excursion and customer service staff bounced clients back and forth in the hopes the other knew what was going on.

One problem after another

Wimsey18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9055
Upon first view the cabin did not appear capable of sleeping 4 people, but it did. Since we spent very little time in our room it’s size was negligible. We used every space for storage and we were able to readily access all our clothes and paraphernalia. Bathroom was a comfortable size.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Acropolis
    The tour included the many of the locations listed above but was called highlights of Athens. Stood in front of the Parthenon- priceless.
    Tour guide exceptional
    View All 331 Acropolis Reviews
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa
    Tour guide very knowledgeable and we were able to walk right into tower with tickets that we had access to. The cathedral and Bapistry were architectural wonders. Since this was a half day tour we did not have time to enter cathedral as there was a two hour wait.
    View All 131 Leaning Tower of Pisa Reviews
  • Hagar Qim Temple
    Port 5 was Crete and port 6 was Malta. Tour guides were great. Crete included war cemetery and Monastery and Malta included Hager Qim and Tarxien temples as well as other locations. NOTE: the incorrect listing on this review is indicative of the limited technology that affects all aspects of NCL.
    View All 9 Hagar Qim Temple Reviews
  • City Tour
    Tour guide great and Mykonos is such a quaint and storied place. Loved it.
    View All 41 City Tour Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Tour also included Sorrento prior to walk through Pompeii. Tour guide was wealth of information about an historic site that is almost to incredible to fully understand. Incredible view of Mt Vesuvius overlooking the ruins.
    View All 452 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Historic Tour
    Actually this was our final port and the excursion was called Highlights of Rome. Very informative guide and the breadth of locations we saw was impressive.
    View All 47 Historic Tour Reviews
  • Volcano Hiking
    Great guide and the pirate ship to the island was fun. Getting to swim in the Mediterranean was wonderful
    View All 27 Volcano Hiking Reviews
  • Mount Etna
    Beautiful scenery on way to Volcano. Another well informed guide. Welcomed the cooler climate on the mountain.
    View All 81 Mount Etna Reviews