Carnival Magic Cruise Review
1,404 Reviews

Old Ship, Bad Food and Slow Waiters.

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by psaunder54

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony

We had the Spa Balcony and as when we took a shower the whole bathroom floor flooded.

The dining sitting arrangement was bad. They had us seated back where the help was going in and out. They should never put a table bake in a corner away from all diners. The waiter took 15 minutes to come to our table just get water. We had to ask for water for the table. We were always the last to leave. It took the 2 hours or more to complete our Dinner. This is unacceptable. Door were not open when arrive for dinner. We had 15 minutes wait.

All the food was dreadful except for your assigned dinner arrangement. If you didn't eat dinner or at the hamburger cart by the pool you be out of a meal. The breakfast buffet always had raw bacon. I did eat at the WOK and got sick. After the cruise my Grandaughter said she eaten there and go sick also.

I have been on Carnival in pass years (before 2008) and have never had a bad experience. I became a Gold member of Carnival during this time. We use to only do New Ship each year. I just started cruising again and this was the first time on Carnival since 2008 and it was BAD.

When we went get snack after 9:00pm we all ordered a Ruben sandwich and ask for extra cheese and they stated that they couldn't"t give us any Swiss cheese but American cheese. Everyone knows a Ruben sandwich only takes Swiss cheese. The roast beef was so tough like rubber we couldn't it. We laugh and through tin the trash. The pizza was like cardboard.

The pool was always filled with kids. No pool for only adults.

I don't know what happen to this Carnival cruise line but they're not how I remember. I will never cruise with Carnival unless I get a real good deal on Newer Ships.

psaunder54's Full Rating Summary

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S 12033

When took a shower the floor flooded. This was a Spa Balcony. A little small. I asked for twins beds and they had them as a queen. After I complain twice they came to fix the shower. Shouldn't have to go to Customer Service twice about the same thing.

Entertainment was fair. The adult shows was too strong about sex. The other family shows weren't as bad.

psaunder54