• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

JoeHaligonian
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Balcony, sheltered

This is my third transatlantic crossing on board Queen Mary 2. I've gotten to know the ship very well and the quirks of the ship. I enjoyed the cruise a lot, but perhaps not my favourite transatlantic crossing.

Ship: She is a beautiful ship, her public spaces are spacious and the art deco decor is nostalgic and hearkens back to the golden age of ocean liners. You never feel that there are too many people on board

Fellow passengers: sociable and friendly, no major issues

Balcony, sheltered

Cabin BC

Good high deck midships balcony cabin. I like something high deck (I want to feel the ship move). I never feel I maximize my use of the balcony during a December transatlantic crossing because it is rather chilly outside. This was my favourite cabin selection of all my QM2 voyages so far.

Port Reviews

Southampton

Boarding is always a nightmare. The lines are long, but there was hot cider available.

New York (Manhattan)

Disembarking is always another nightmare as the lines to clear customs takes forever. I took a transfer to downtown Manhattan. Slight delay because the bus driver didn't think he had all the booked passengers, but everyone was actually on board.

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $349