3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This is my third transatlantic crossing on board Queen Mary 2. I've gotten to know the ship very well and the quirks of the ship. I enjoyed the cruise a lot, but perhaps not my favourite transatlantic crossing. Ship: She is a beautiful ship, her public spaces are spacious and the art deco decor is nostalgic and hearkens back to the golden age of ocean liners. You never feel that there are too many people on board Fellow passengers: sociable and friendly, no major issues Cabin: The cabins show a bit of wear, especially in the bathroom Dining: I felt there was a lot of pork this year, I felt in past years there were more beef options. Activities: Afternoon tea: always a classic event on board QM2. It happens daily and great afternoon activity Fitness opportunities: The gym isn't particularly big but if you enjoy running, running on the promenade deck is always enjoyable. Entertainment: Cunard Insights (Lectures): very good, a lot of interesting lecturers and topics, always something I look forward to attending while on board / Evening Entertainment: like always, nothing spectacular, but Cunard is not known for their singing/dancing shows. Service: Service on board was good. I've gotten to know a few of the crew, and have my "favourite" bartender that has served me on all my QM2 voyages. Port/Shore Excursions: N/A since this was a transatlantic crossing. Value: As a luxury cruise, it is not the cheapest cruise but I enjoyed my time on board and I didn't splurge this year or try to hold back either. Would I go again: At the end of the voyage, I didn't think I wanted to do another transatlantic crossing in QM2 again since I felt I had done all that I could on board, however, given that I'm booked to do another QM2 transatlantic crossing in August 2019, I guess I really enjoy my time on board.

Third transatlantic crossing on board QM2

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by JoeHaligonian

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Fellow passengers: sociable and friendly, no major issues

Cabin: The cabins show a bit of wear, especially in the bathroom

Port/Shore Excursions: N/A since this was a transatlantic crossing.

JoeHaligonian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 11077
Good high deck midships balcony cabin. I like something high deck (I want to feel the ship move). I never feel I maximize my use of the balcony during a December transatlantic crossing because it is rather chilly outside. This was my favourite cabin selection of all my QM2 voyages so far.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins