3. MSC Magnifica
This was the only cruise that fit schedules for everyone in our family. We also thought maybe we should try new cruiseline after 5 cruises with the same company. Big mistake. The ship itself looks beautiful. Embarkation was fine. Excursions were fine. Cabin was fine except that some guests decided to smoke in their cabins so our cabin smelled smoky too. My cabin has “no smoking” sign inside not sure about others. Complained twice, nothing was done. The housekeeper even said he did not want to anger other guests. Bad smell aside, it’s for the ship safety. guess safety does not matter. Food was bad. Buffet breakfast was cold or overheated (rubbery) scramble eggs. Yogurt was in a big open bowl so gross that someone could easily spit on it. Buffet lunch or dinner was a collection of pasta and pizza, a little grilled chicken, grilled fish, nothing spectacular. Dinning room only went twice. Dining room did not serve any drink, not even regular tap water. You are forced to buy bottled water or wine. Definitely no coffee or tea after the meal. Meal was way below any cruise line standard. I could possibly do better at home in terms of taste and presentation! This cruise was 95% Italian focus. Shows were mostly in Italian and there was 1 in French. For my family, pure english speaking, no entertainment for the entire cruise. To be honest, the singing was ok, dance, acrobatics were below other cruise lines standard. Disembarkation was a disaster. 3 hours delay due to some event happening at Venice. We were expected to believe that this event was new and they knew nothing about it and did not think it would affect disembarkation. Really? According to our “daily program”, we should be out of the ship by 9:30 then changed to 10:30. We did not get off until 11:45. We missed our flight or many guests missed the flights or we had to scramble to look for alternatives paying extra. All we heard from the customer service, which probably more appropriate to call them customer no service, was that it was not their fault, there was nothing they could do. YES, you could do something and that was simply providing accurate information from the beginning! Being pure English speaking Asian from the North America, definitely minority in this trip, my family did not feel welcomed at all. No crew ever said a hello to us even if we walked right into each other. There was this lead Spanish officer, she was so cheerful and bubbly speaking in her language with her people but when she saw me, she took away the smile and simply looked and walked away. The worst I have ever been treated in my cruise experiences. MSC clearly is not ready to handle international guests in Europe, at least with this cruise and this crew. The whole cruise is tailored for Italian, Spanish or simply white. Going forward we will stick with more reputable cruise line, get our money worth.

Ridiculous

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by Cat0521

The ship itself looks beautiful. Embarkation was fine. Excursions were fine.

Cat0521’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get MSC Magnifica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2
Cabin was fine, housekeeper did his job. Other guests smoked in their cabins and made our cabin smelled smokey. Complained but nothing changed.
Portovenere Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins