3. Carnival Victory
We chose this cruise because it was on dates that fit into our inflexible travel schedule and the price was right. It was me, my wife our two young daughters (6 & 3) and my mother. We had an ocean view suite and a neighboring standard stateroom. Accommodations: The suite size was okay. The balcony was very nice. The furnishing were worn but serviceable. However, we immediately noticed a septic stench in the room that made the room far less appealing. It got worse so we notified our room attendant. It got better once he addressed it but soon returned. Then, the floor tile in the bathroom started cracking and raw sewage started seeping up from under the cracked tile grout. Rather than relocate us, they insisted on fixing the issue. Each fix was a bandaid and the issue kept returning. It was disgusting! I finally insisted they move us but they said," just let our plumber see if they can fix it". It was just another temporary fix and septic stench and the seeping sewage came right back. The ship is old and feels it. The on board entertainment was virtually unwatchable. The child care camp was glorified babysitting. The food was mediocre and uninspired. The pools were drained multiple time for "unsafe bacteria levels". We complained and they credited us $50 off our final invoice and offered us $250 credit toward another cruise. We gave Carnival a chance to make this right and they would not step up. Just a really really really terrible experience. Never will I choose Carnival again and my wife was so traumatized she's just turned off to cruises in general now.

Awful septic stench in our room. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by jtedmond

The ship is old and feels it.

The on board entertainment was virtually unwatchable.

The child care camp was glorified babysitting.

The food was mediocre and uninspired.

The pools were drained multiple time for "unsafe bacteria levels".

jtedmond’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7282
Accommodations: The suite size was okay. The balcony was very nice. The furnishing were worn but serviceable. However, we immediately noticed a septic stench in the room that made the room far less appealing. It got worse once the ship stared moving so we notified our room attendant. It got better once he addressed it but soon returned. Then the floor tile in the bathroom started cracking and sewage started seeping up from under. Rather than relocate us, they insisted on fixing the issue. Each fix was a bandaid and the issue kept returning. It was disgusting and unhealthy.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cozumel
    It was okay but it was dirty and hot. We only found one turtle that my 3 year old adorably named Fragile. I dig up a a lot old empty, slimy eggs and 2 dead turtles before I found the one live one. I suppose that one live turtle made the trip worth it for my kids but not sure it was worth $350.
    View All 12,802 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Trolley Tour
    We only had 4 hours in Key West due to our boat schedule. If you're not the 1st off the boat, you will not have time to complete this tour. They don't tell you that the 3rd stop is the last stop in town for 1.5 hrs. I recommend just walking around downtown with your time.
    View All 139 Trolley Tour Reviews