Our trip on the Noordam Holland America was planned by my in-laws. My preference is Regent Cruise lines. Coming on the ship I had very low expectations and I my expectations were correct. The ship is somewhat worn. The food is average. I will say the service especially in the dining room was outstanding. Our waiter was Nadi, assisted by Ed and Janela. These three people were the highlight of the trip. Very attentive and aware of everything. I hate being nickeled and dimed but that’s what this cruise line is all about. We paid a small fortune for our suite. One would think WiFi would be included....not. If you want to use a spin bike in the gym, nope.....unless you take an 8 am class for 15.00 per person. In the spa, be careful. They will ask you if you like this or that. If you say yes, they will upcharge your bill. Many people will look at the base price of a cruise line like this and think I’ll save money vs Regent. When you add up all the add in charges: Drink package Excursions Mini bar in the room (not included in drink package) Automatic small print tips of 16.00 per day per person and compare to the price of Regent, you’ll come out pretty close on total cost. All these things are included on Regent. I’ll not take another Holland America cruise and I recommend you look at Regent.

Nickels and Dimes

Noordam Cruise Review by wareagle501

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Pinnacle Penthouse Verandah Suite

The ship is somewhat worn.

The food is average.

I hate being nickeled and dimed but that’s what this cruise line is all about.

When you add up all the add in charges:

Drink package

Excursions

Mini bar in the room (not included in drink package)

wareagle501’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Pinnacle Penthouse Verandah Suite
Cabin PS
Ok. Somewhat worn
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Bald Eagle Preserve
    Waited in the dock 40 mins to board a ferry. 45 mins to Haine then 35 min bus ride to the boats. This all round trip for 90 mins on a boat. Way too long
    View All 8 Bald Eagle Preserve Reviews