3. Norwegian Bliss
I always sail the haven category. It’s usually in a forward facing penthouse. This cruise I had 12106. I like this cabin for its space and forward and port views. The balcony is usually small and this ship was no exception. The curtain in the bedroom wouldn’t stay up and after numerous calls to fix it, my husband tied a belt around it during the day. Since this ship is so huge, bigger than I would like, the walk to the haven is terribly long. Don’t forget anything in your room. The cabin steward was lacking. No towel animals for us although everybody was talking about them every morning in the haven dining room. Our butler is the only thing that saved this room. She was fantastic! Moving on to the haven itself. Gorgeous when kids weren’t running around the observation lounge or screaming in the haven pool all day long. Don’t get me wrong, I like kids but when you spend $17,000.00 on a cruise, you expect the kids to be supervised. They were not. This was an Alaskan cruise so not much for kids to do. Maybe limiting their kids hours in the pool is something Norwegian should consider. It was impossible to relax in the haven observation room and no chance at the haven pool. One evening in the haven restaurant we were even unlucky enough to be seated next to the kids table. 7 kids while the parents and grandparents sat at a different table. My husband and I were unable to compete with the very loud children. We were seated first before they arrived so we had no idea. Moving on to food. Haven restaurant food was fantastic as usual. We also ate at Le Bistro which was good, ocean blue was so so and Carney’s I wouldn’t go back to. Ribeye steak was very tough. We didn’t step foot in the garden cafe (buffet) or any of the 3 main dining rooms. Common areas outside of the haven were super crowded and it was like stepping onto a different ship. All ports were great except for Victoria BC. It’s a useless stop. We were supposed to get off the ship at 8pm., however, foreign nationals held up the disembarking process and didn’t get off until 8:45pm. The all aboard time was 11:30pm. Why bother? The nice shops were closed and only restaurants and t shirt shops were open. It was also the last night of the cruise so packing had to fit in there somewhere. Our next cruise is on celebrity in a suite. I don’t think I’m too excited about cruising Norwegian again even though we did book another cruise with them. It can always be cancelled without penalty if I do it soon enough.

Haven, the good and bad