• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tbr1
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Ocean View 7

We chose this cruise to accommodate a friend who taught school. Everybody had a good time. The biggest problem was in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant as some of the items were overcooked. We ended up having most of our lunches and dinners in the Ocean View Cafe and it was quite good. One has to be very careful walking on that deck.

Regarding the time spent ashore, the walk from the gangway to the meeting place was quite long. Since I'm now using a cane, it was difficult to get around St. George and the Royal Naval Dockyard. I recommend an informal restaurant there that served excellent pizza.

Several nights we attended the theater shows (mostly musical revues) and they were excellent. I especially liked the group Uptown. I also enjoyed participating in the trivia contests.

Ocean View 7

We had lots of room in our cabin and the steward (Benny) was accommodating. For my husband and me, it was better than having a balcony. However, it was a very long walk from the bow end to the stern end.

Port Reviews

Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

We managed to get to Cape Liberty before lunch. It was quite nice getting the view of the Statue of Liberty as we sailed away.

King's Wharf

The walk from the ship to the other forms of transportation was extremely long.

I recommend Cafe Amici (informal restaurant at clock tower mall in the dockyard). The 12-inch pizzas (Pepperoni) were $18 a piece plus tax and tip.

The onboard experience included going to musical revues in the theater, and participating in trivia contests. I actually won a lanyard in one of the general trivia contests. We also benefited from having the premium beverage package.

1 Helpful Vote