3. Adventure of the Seas
We were so excited about this cruise but by the end of it disappointed in so many ways and also ill. We both had to see doctors within 48 hours of leaving the ship (full blown URI's). Yep, we did the wash your hands often, use the dispensers around the ship, don't touch elevator buttons, etc. But everywhere you went on the ship was sticky, stained carpets, the elevators at times were filthy. I saw crew members clean spilled or dropped food or drinks from the floor or tables and use the same cloth to wipe other tables. I think this is the first time I never witnessed crew members doing on purpose sanitizing and disinfection cleaning. Our cabin stewart left a lot to be desired. They never vacuumed the carpet, had to leave notes to change the bed sheets and remove a previously used urine stained bed padding. We keep our cabin very tidy and organized so it was easy for the cabin stewart to just run in change the towels, make up the bed and leave and do nothing else. We noticed the sand from the Bermuda beach day was still on the carpet on the last day. I shouldn't have to chase them down just to keep the cabin clean. We honestly don't think it was cleaned before we arrived. Proof is once we were allowed in our cabins we went in and started unpacking. I hid to two empty squeeze bottles in the cabinet to be refilled and used in the fitness center. Next day i searched for the bottles and they were gone. Tells me cabin stewart went through the cabinets after we arrived. I was not happy. Embarkation Checking in and getting on the ship went very well. We were on the ship by 12 pm. Kudos for that. The reps were using some new system which seemed to work out well. Food Not great experience for us this time. Last year we were on the Anthem and treated ourselves to the UDP which worked well for us. Wish we had done that again but we wanted to experience the Windjammer and main dining room. First off, service by everyone in the Windjammer and Sapphire Dining Room was great, fast efficient and friendly. The food in both not so much. The Windjammer Of course this time of year it was very, very crowded and at times hard to find a table. But with patience we managed. Though the Windjammer offers a very wide selection of foods it basically is the same thing everyday with small variations. My husband basically ate hamburgers and fries everyday. He's not a chicken, casserole, curry, rice person. I did find one day they served a few different side entree's and I sampled them but the chef/cook had poured sooo much salt on the food I was not able to eat it. The salad bar was right at the front as you come in and maybe it's me I just didn't have a good feeling about the openness of all the salad items so close to the door/entry. My phobia I guess. Most cruise lines usually have a more covered area/sneeze guard for certain foods. I stayed away. Main Dining Room Again, service was great, presentation of the food was great, friendly and willing to please wait staff. Problem: Basically eating the same menu with the exception of a few items added or changed every night. I kept saying to my husband let's just go, it's actually the dining experience that I enjoy so much but how many times when you look at the menu it's basically the same selections no matter how well it's being served. Finally the last two night we didn't go. And we missed a chance to say goodbye to the wait staff and a few new friends. Entertainment The ice show as always was great though it hasn't changed in quite some time. More effort could have been put into the Welcome Aboard show. It was very short with a not so funny comedian. Company of Men were pretty good. Third cruse this year so we didn't do the Love & Marriage, Karaoke, etc. shows. Saw some of them on the tv. Movies were good on deck. Can't believe they are still doing the 70's Party on the promenade. Come on. So for us the entertainment was mediocre and same ole same. Ports Bermuda was great as always. Minibus's right by the ship was so convenient. Nassau was hot, hot. Arrived at 1 pm, stayed on the ship. Perfect Day CoCo Cay was all the hype advertised. Enjoyed the whole day there. Loungers and umbrella's provided plenty available loungers, Lots to do. Great. In Summary We have been cruising since 2003 and all of the cruise lines have been changing, offering less and less and more leaving the with URI's. Not enjoying as much as we use to. The things cruise lines use to do to keep their passengers don't seem to no longer matter. So we will start to back off and do some different things. All good things come to an end.

Not The Adventure We Expected

CruisinPandora’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V
Actually loved our cabin but... it needs an in depth cleaning. The carpet is filthy and needs a good vacuuming and shampooing.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins