3. Allure of the Seas
We recently returned from a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure and all I can say is "Wow!" The ship itself is incredible and beautiful, with no shortage of things to do. The staff was friendly, attentive, helpful and fun. We returned rested and ready to book another cruise on RC! We had two rooms - my husband and I had an ocean view balcony on deck 12 and our daughters were across the hall from us with a Central Park balcony. Two rooms is definitely the way to go when you have kids, if you can swing it! Our room attendant, Yogesh, was extremely nice. We were easily able to walk up to deck 15 to hit the pools....and even down to deck 8 to get on Central Park. Food was very good. We ate at Chops (due to having the Key), and then also at Izumi Hibachi for dinner one night and Giovanni's for lunch one day. Great service (Alain our Hibachi chef was terrific!) and delicious food. All other dinners were in the Main Dining Room, where we had wonderful service again (we did My Time Dining) and then breakfasts were usually at Windjammer (ok in my opinion but kids and hubby really liked it) and then lunch at Windjammer or Central Park Cafe. I was a big fan of CP Cafe! The entertainment was beyond impressive. Mama Mia is a Broadway caliber performance, the performers are fantastic! Aqua show is one of the coolest things you will ever see. Ice show is great. And the headliner group they brought in from Vegas was Mo5aic and they were unbelievable. RC clearly puts a high value on entertainment and it shows. As for onship activities, we were fans of the Flow Rider, mini golf and zip line. Central Park is beautiful an oh so peaceful at night. Boardwalk is fun and my husband very much enjoyed the hot dog shop! Ports - we were on a ship that was originally slated for St. Thomas but changed to Puerto Rico a few months ago. Yes, were were certainly disappointed since they also cut down the time on shore, but it wasn't going to ruin my vacation. Our first port was St. Kitts and we did the Fan ta Sea snorkeling and beach catamaran excursion. Probably the highlight for me! Great snorkeling, excellent crew, tons of fun (ok food, but whatever). This was also the ship that did dock in Puerto Rico, despite the ongoing protests. We were able to dock because we arrived in the morning, whereas the other ships would have been there at night, when the protests were actually taking place. We did the Old and New San Juan tours, and it was disappointing to see the toll the protests took on the city itself. And while we had initially been sad about not having too much time in PR, it definitely turned out to be for the best, given the circumstances. Our last port was Nassau, and we did our own thing at Atlantis, due to a family connection there. We had the Key and it was absolutely worth the investment! From the time we arrived at Port Everglades to getting on the ship was 20 minutes! We could drop off our carry on luggage instead of lugging it around. We loved the Chops Grille lunch that day - although instead of eating at Chops, they serve you the meal in the Main Dining Room. While it might have been cool to eat actually in Chops, it was a great idea by RC to do this because there was zero line and you were not rushed at all. We also got priority seating at the shows, although we only took advantage of it at Mama Mia and the ice show. And we utilized the private times for the Flow Rider and zip line, that makes a difference! My only negative feedback would be putting one of the two towel stations right next to the smoking section of deck 15. Most of us do not want to have to walk through that or stand next to it to get a towel. Seems like something they could move over a bit. Overall, I highly recommend Allure of the Seas, as well as the Key program. Our family of four had a great time and will be back on another RC cruise!

Wonderful Vacation on Allure!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by GatorGal98