3. Carnival Sunshine
I’ve been on 20+ cruises, mainly on Royal Caribbean. I went with a group of girlfriends on Carnival Sunshine. We live 2hrs from Charleston and is why we chose this ship. Upon arrival all three of our rooms was HOT. We were on deck 9 which was the “Spa” level. It was so bad 2 of the ladies slept on the balcony the first night just to get some relief in their room. We had maintenance check our temperature in our room twice on our four day cruise and it was 75* so we had to shut the curtains during the day to help which defeats having a room with a balcony and seeing the view. Thank goodness I brought a fan from home or we would have been really miserable getting ready for dinner each night and at night sleeping. We went to lunch at the buffet twice and couldn’t finish our meal because it was so hot in there too. One evening all three rooms lost power as we were getting ready for dinner. We called guest services which in turn told us we were plugging in too many things at once, after about 30 min they fixed the issue but we were late for dinner. The food on the ship was OK. My best meal was room service BLT if that says anything. If your considering the FTTF, do it. It’s worth it. We had a great time with each other and that’s what it was about but would I go on this ship or recommend it, NO!!!

Think twice...

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by timmie hayes

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony
I’ve been on 20+ cruises, mainly on Royal Caribbean.

If your considering the FTTF, do it. It’s worth it.

timmie hayes’s Full Rating Summary