3. Disney Fantasy
The cruise was amazing. Food at Palo (brunch and dinner) were exceptional. Rely (brunch with champagne pairing) was incredible. Kids Club my kid was glued to it and constantly wanted to be there. Pirate Night was fun, and I realized that I could have enjoyed the fireworks from our veranda, but hey, it was fun to be with everyone. Excursions, we did National Parks at British Virgin Island Gordo, and walked Devil’s Beach and The Baths. This was amazing, water, felt great, the walk in the caves was very adventurous (climbing down steep rocks, at times using a rope to hold on to, or walking down steep stairs so be warned) and very fun. St. Thomas was a trip to Coral World which was very relaxing, and very interesting to learn about sea life, animals and coral. Castaway Cay was the worst experience I have ever had. I set out to do the 5K which I walked. Lots of water, and beautiful stuff to see. I met my family and noticed that the weather was getting very hot. We found some chairs under an umbrella and sat. My son swam in the water, and I am not sure what it is with the heat and moronic people, but obscenities started to happen in everyday conversation. After discussing it with the people that were using it, and receiving a “Sorry” we decided to move to another area. Really, why do you have to use that language in front of your kids and mine? Come on! Wife started to get really hot and headed back to the ship. My son and I stayed for about 20 minutes longer, and as we headed back to the ship a Coast Guard helicopter landed next to the ship. I found out later, that the Coast Guard was called in because someone was suffering from Heat Stroke. THAT IS HOW HOT IT IS. Just know if you go out on the island, there is nothing to do except be in the sun or the water. When in the water, its a little cooler, but not much. No air conditioning on the island, and the air is pretty still, not a lot of breezes. The food for Castaway Cay left a lot to be desired we had a burger (son didn’t even finish it), and chicken burger. Both of which were the worst part of the food we had on the ship. I did drink a lot of Powerade which made me feel a bit better, but didn’t make anything taste any better. My son and I headed back, got on the ship and my son and I rode the Aqua Duck 17 times in a row....AND IT WAS SO MUCH COOLER! The Stateroom Host was incredible. Our head waiter, waiter and assistant waiter were amazing. The food was fantastic, all in all, you have to do a Disney Cruise if you haven’t. You don’t have to do the excursions obviously, you can enjoy a movie, or show, but enjoy that cruise. It really makes you feel special! My family is currently trying to figure out where to go next and when we can do it. This was my very first cruise, and having heard about other cruise lines, I may be a bit snobby and only cruise with Disney! :)

Castaway Cay IS HOT!!!

Ages 7 to 9
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04B 9620
Amazing views, as big as a hotel room, with a super comfy bed. The bed that came out of the ceiling was a hit for my son. Two sinks and separated shower area from the toilet was a great touch!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    Unbelievably hot. Not good food. Nothing to do except be in the sun, so after being way to hot, we headed back to the ship early. US Coast Guard flew in to aid someone suffering from Heat Stroke. That is how hot it is. Be warned! Stay on the ship!
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Coral World Tour
    Wonderful experience learning about sea life, feeding sting rays, touching sea stars and urchins, watching turtles, feeding birds. Lovely and relaxing!
    View All 76 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Virgin Gorda
    Lots of walking in nature, where it was warm. Got the the waters and felt great! Walked to The Baths and had to crouch down low to get through boulder formations, climbing using ropes so you don't slip and using steep stairs. It's an adventure we won't forget, and really enjoyed!
    View All 218 Virgin Gorda Reviews