3. Viking Sky
If you want to travel to Russia the right way, do it with Viking Cruises. Viking took exemplary care of their guests, ensuring that all of us were in good hands throughout our stay in St. Petersburg. Once you get past the brilliantly-designed ship, the fantastic food and the enriching lectures - it all boils down to the destination. And Viking makes sure that the destination shines. They have the most brilliant and hard-working shore excursion team, complemented by an amazing on-board team. I still can’t get over the impeccable design, the attention to detail in every way possible, and the attentiveness of the staff and crew. Quite simply put: this is a “no-brainer” - book a Viking Ocean Cruise ASAP. Here are some quick tips: Dining While everyone raves about Mandredi’s, I thought the real star of the ship was The Chef’s Table. It offers a 5-course chef’s tasting menu, and the menu revolves on a nightly basis. The best one was The Scandinavian Bistro. It was delicious! If you are timing your reservation correctly, choose the evening that serves that theme. When making reservations on myvikingjourney.com pre-departure, they will tell you the theme for the night. The Restaurant was also fabulous. Make sure to order from the Destination Menu - it was always delicious. And make sure to try the Chairman’s poached salmon - absolutely yum. Saving the best for last - my absolute fave: Mumsen’s. I are there almost everyday. Try the following: the waffles, open faced sandwiches (the best was the liver, bacon and mushroom sandwich - OMG!). Service Fantastic! Friendly, timely and personal. The best example of this was in St. Petersburg where the officers personally made sure every passenger successfully made it through immigration - leaving and returning. I felt totally cared for. My only suggestion for improvement is for the upper class cabins (Penthouse Junior Suites) to have a Personal Concierge. That would have been fabulous. Cabins Gorgeous, beautiful interiors! Nothing to fault with the cabins. I love the heated floors. Shore Excursions Best Shore Excursion team in the high seas!! That team took such good care of everyone. Top notch, hard-working team. Special shout out to Alaina, Therena and Geraldine - these ladies were incredible. I still think they should make Alaina’s St. Petersburg port talk the permanent video in the port talk library. She was so funny! Entertainment Small but mighty team. Beven (Cruise Director) was wonderful and you can tell he loved entertaining us. The shows were small but the talent packed a punch. Incredible performers! Word of warning: once you go on a Viking Cruise, you’ll never want to try another cruise line. Be prepared for the best cruising experience of your life. My score: 9.5 / 10.

Top Notch & Unforgettable

Viking Sky Cruise Review by nrosete

Here are some quick tips:

Cabins

nrosete’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Gorgeous, comfortable, beautifully-designed cabin. I loved the heated floors in the bathroom. Best part for me: the User Interface on the TV. Viking uses its own. Very well-designed! And the content was superb.