• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Equinox Review

Editor Rating
91 Awards

Absolutely wonderful family vacation!!!

Review for Celebrity Equinox to the Western Caribbean
Mrsialuna
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Ocean View 8
Traveled with children

My parents wanted to take all of us on a cruise. It was my husband and I and our two children, ages 5 and 7, my sister, brother in-law, nieces and nephew, ages 17, 14 and 12, and my parents who are in their 70s. They heard Celebrity is an excellent cruise line (they have been on many cruises but had never cruised Celebrity), so they booked it. I am so glad they did. What an awesome ship!!

Where do I begin? We had three rooms among 11 of us, all on deck 8, every other room (could not get three consecutive due to every other room sleeping the 4.) I’ve been on 4 other cruises and this was a roomier room than I expected. The bed was comfortable and big. Our kids slept on the bunk beds and loved them. The bathroom had plenty of room for a cruise cabin and the balcony was great. I loved sitting out there at night. Our room steward’s name was Andrew and his service was outstanding. He was friendly and playful with my kids and he kept our room neat and clean. We always had clean towels and neatly turned down beds. Awesome cabin experience!

The ship was never crowded which I loved!!! The boat was at capacity but it was big enough that you did not feel crowded at all. The pool area had plenty of seating. We got up early on sea days to get the comfortable padded lounge chairs and so we could be close to our kids who basically stayed in the pool all day. There were many fun pool activities and great entertainment. It was not wild and crazy. Our kids had enough other kids to play with but you definitely weren’t tripping over kids on the ship. There were none running wild. It was very family friendly.

Ocean View 8