3. Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Cruise line is not perfect, but is still leagues (pun intended) ahead of other lines (Carnival and Princess) we have cruised with. As a couple approaching our senior citizen years, the quiet options available in the Solarium area, with its saltwater pool and indoor comfort were a huge comfort throughout the cruise. We lived in the Solarium. Back to the beginning, our embarkation was effortless and although it took 20 minutes to gain access to our staterooms after we took care of our passport and clearance necessities, we felt that we were moving along fairly well. Also, the stateroom steward was very helpful and always there for any requests. I cannot even come close to expressing my delight with the Cosmopolitan Dining Room (MDR) because the food was certainly good most nights (not all...) and the service from out trio of servers (sommelier Lenworth, saucier Albert, and server Jaime) was hand-to-foot exceptional. Everything we wanted we got and everything we didn't want, they cheerfully replaced. The Oceanview Café was exceptional for a buffet, with a few glitches in the food, but overall, for me, 70-80% of the food was fresh and flavorful. Buy the drink package because it is a gem. I ordered cocktails, beers, sodas, lattes, and anything I wanted every day without paying an extra dime. The upfront cost for the package was far exceeded by the usage. I also paid for the WiFi, which was quite awful. Yes, this is a ship and one cannot expect great WiFi, but if you're charging as much as they do, you either deliver a better product or lower the cost. Lastly, Bermuda is gorgeous, but unlike other Caribbean 'like' destintations (Bermuda is not in the Caribbean), beaches and the town of Hamilton (where the swankier shops are) is not easily accessible. There are some fun and interesting shops near King's Wharf, but I can't see spending all my time in that one limited area. The entertainment was not as ghastly as I thought it would be. Reviews have been much more negative than the converse, but I found the entertainment to be lively and energetic, albeit not anywhere close to Broadway quality. In summary, I would most definitely cruise on the Summit again, but if I chose to visit Bermuda again, it would be at one of the resorts, not on a cruise ship.

Loved the Summit, But Will Never Cruise to Bermuda Again

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Davep954

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

Also, the stateroom steward was very helpful and always there for any requests.

Davep954’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 7177
Stateroom was comfortable and the balcony was, of course, a wonderful plus, especially in Bermuda, where we could see the double clocktower morning and at night: Beautiful!

The beds were comfortable, although certainly not plush.

Shower was a great fit for us, but we are small (both under 5'6") people. I can see how it would be difficult for larger people to get in and out. Good to see that shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and hairdryer were supplied.

The steward, Marilou, was outstanding. Always there.

All in all, a great cabin experience.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins