Arcadia Cruise Review

Not enjoyed, not recommended; sad and sorry

Arcadia Cruise Review by Robbie88

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom with Shower

Booked a year early as a medical report put this to be probably my last cruise. Period.

First I received a few days in advance that one port would be eliminated due to repairs needed to be done in Malaga meaning an extra day annoyed!

Then off we go with a dicky propulsion unit needing divers etc in Malaga

Malaga was fine as we knew we had an extra day but soon after arrival we were told that we had to stay another day meaning 3.6 days in Malaga ! See my extra info on divers later.

So we left Malaga but the next announcement was we had norovirus which started to kill the pleasure even more. We raced at 22 knots to venice . It was just as we left Venice we met the USA divers who told a slightly different story . The Malaga stop had not had Spanish diving approval which took some time before two faults we found . The repairs needed that extra day after all but even then the divers explained they had to dive in Venice

BUT these was only allowed with Italian diver plus. The divers were leaving Venice to check out the bits at split and that is where I did not see them any more. P&O never explained all this and generally were poor in information .

The norovirus controls were lifted at about 2 thirds of the cruise !

So P&O will probably point at their terms of business in removing a ports for repairs and Put norovirus down to other reasons. As this was to be my last cruise I can only explain that after a multicruise life this was a different P&O and a poor show even though some items were good.

As regards the Arcadia as a ship I comment it is poor with 30 seat only cinema, a dining room aft which to my 91 year old near cabin user in B2 as against my B22 Was a trek ! The spa helped my poor feet in place of a massage due to walking round Malaga on a Sunday with not much open.

I,m home sad at this last cruise and leaving my view of modern P&O to be forgotten.

Nothing can compensate for that last bad cruise but nothing likely to come....will tell you if!

Robbie88's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom with Shower
Cabin OE B22

Claustrophobic but with excellent cabin lady

Boat tour

Saw more on this nice visit and tecommend

View All 49 Boat tour Reviews
Dalmation Coastal Villages

Enjoyed

View All 14 Dalmation Coastal Villages Reviews

Enjoyed but for 100 plus degrees heat recommend

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Enjoyed greatly and the rock hotel visited 50 years ago had changed but was very excellent. Recommend

View All undefined undefined Reviews