3. Grand Classica
I chose this ship because it was near my relatives place and because it was only a 3-day cruise. I upgraded to a suite because it was inexpensive, and I had never had a suite. It was FANTASTIC, but don’t expect lots of “bling”. It’s an older ship with character (like me lol). DATE: July 14-16, 2019 US: We were 2 ladies: 67 & 73 FOOD: The Buffett is average, dinners were great. ENTERTAINMENT: Surprisingly good SIZE: It’s a smaller ship, only 1100 passengers, meaning not so many lines for everything; easier to get around in a smaller ship; easier to meet people. STAFF: nice and accommodating CABINS: we had a suite on deck 10 with a balcony, which was 1 of 19. Total cabins were 658. The bathroom was huge with 2 sinks. The living room is separate from the bedroom with pocket doors; and a huge wooden balcony - no plexiglass. Gorgeous sunsets. My only complaint was the noise on deck 11 above us, but would put up with that for how big the cabin AND how close to everything we were. Didn’t have to run marathons to get around the ship. EXCURSION: We “swam with the pigs” on Crystal Beach!!!!! The highlight of the cruise. It was magical. For $65, you got a lounger and umbrella on the beach, towels, we had a picnic bench with umbrella we shared. The place has a large hut that has food, drinks, and bathrooms. I found out later, you could have purchased a waterproof camera on board. It took about an hour from the port with a bus driver that was also a tour guide and left us stop & take a picture of The Blue Hole on the way to the pigs. You swim about 45 minutes after you hear the instructions. SO SO CUTE PIGS. PROS: so many and next time I will purchase the cruise & stay package where you get to stay a few night in Freeport. CONS: Just that little noise from deck 11 TIP: It was the CALMEST CRUISE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!!! it’s only 58 miles from West Palm to Freeport so they go slow, and on the way back, they actually stop for 4 hours (I guess to let another ship in, not sure) (I know there are some negative reviews, but don’t expect the Ritz, just be flexible, have fun and make memories.)

Small Gem of a Ship

Grand Classica Cruise Review by Rnovicki

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

DATE: July 14-16, 2019

US: We were 2 ladies: 67 & 73

FOOD: The Buffett is average, dinners were great.

ENTERTAINMENT: Surprisingly good

STAFF: nice and accommodating

CONS: Just that little noise from deck 11

BPSocialTeam, Social Media Team @Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has responded
Thank you very much for leaving these wonderful comments on Cruise Critics ,we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay among us. We also are very grateful for your highlight on the quality of the ship as it relates to entertainment, cabin/suite accommodations, shore excursions and last but not least the food. We will certainly not fail to share your comments with our entire team. Once more we thank you for choosing our Gd Classica for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Rnovicki’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Classica price drops

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, will book again.