Regatta Cruise Review

Regatta Cruise Review by Criseee

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

WE decided on this ship because we wanted something not too big and not too small. WE were 3 people cruising as they has the buy 2 get one child free. It was my mom and my 13 year old daughter.

We chose a veranda suite concierge level. At first we thought the cabin was small, but grew to love it. Amenities were fine, towels and linens fabulous, and the veranda perfect.

The crew was amazing! Super friendly, always smiling, tripping over themselves to help/ Our cabin steward was so attentive, always anticipating our needs. He knew our schedule and was in and out while we were gone.

The food!! OMG I can't understand any bad food reviews. We are a culinary family, in the food biz. The meals were outstanding in all the restairants and the buffet was wonderful too. The Grand dining room was beautiful and the wait staff was extremely well trained and professional. They learned our names and preferences very quickly and always had smiles on their faces. They seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. One delicious, well presented meal after another. Perfectly seasoned and hot if it was supposed to be and well chilled if that was the appropriate.

The entertainment was what you'd expect. Most;y, the cruise director Corey stole the show. He was so fun. My suggestion here is to lower the volume. Goodness, it was so so loud several people had their fingers in their ears. I did not understand the need for an evening dedicated to the LGBTQ community though. I don't like any groups being singled out like that.

WE did not take advantage of any shore excursions as we tend to go it on our own, takinga bus or cab out of the pert to explore. But other travelers seemed thrilled with theirs.

The public rooms were always near empty..giving us the feeling that we had the whole place to ourselves. We spent most of our time in Horizons, but also would sit for a cappuccino in the various other public spaces. Very elegant and beautiful.

The artwork on this ship id fabulous. Whoever picked the artists to showcase did an amazing job. Thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the pieces.

One negative for us was the cruise Ambassador..the woman helping you book future cruised. I was excited to talk to her about bookibg a trip for me and my husband this fall but she was dismissive, un-helpful and unfriendly. She pretty much just handed me a brochure and told me to look at it. Thanks a lot, there was one in my cabin already. I did not book with her.

Other than that, the service was exceptional, the food divine and the crew just fantastic. Loved the cruise, can't wait to see Regatta again!

Criseee's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A1 7057

At first glance it seemed small but it ended up being just perfect. WE did not spend much time in it, although I did spend many hours on the veranda looking at the gorgeous Alaska scenery.

Criseee