3. Caribbean Princess
I was told that Princess was on par with Celebrity which Ive been on Equinox twice, and traveling with friends, this seemed to work out best for their needs with 2 teenages. I will say, when we arrived at port, this was the quickest we ever boarded, and I thought this was going to be a great cruise... boy was I wrong! Our cabin was warm at best, with the thermostat as low as it could go. Our friends had one cabin down the corridor and you could feel the temperature drop 10 degrees half way to their cabin. Their cabin was nice and comfortable unlike ours. I shut the drapes and kept the balcony door closed to try to cool things down but to no avail. My friends aaid to say something. So we went to the customer service desk where they ssid they would check it out. The room steward kept asking if they came but I I never saw anyone or get any reply or notification. I called front desk to see if I could get some Ice as the refrigerator was warm. I was told it was more of a bottle chiller and not a fridge. I asked for Ice and they said to call the room steward, his number is on the desk. I told them it wasn't but he insisted it was. I told him the room steward said he was going to bring the card later when I had asked for ice, but neither had arrived. The front desk reluctantly stated they would send up some ice as I had medication to keep cold. Half an hour later still nothing, so I went to get some ice. The room steward sees me with the ice bucket and comes to grab it from me and says he will get it for me. Next day still hot, complained again, was told they came to room at it was within operational parameters. Thats when If I didn't know Princess was owned by Carninval, I would have known with that useless generic answer. But it gets better. I complain again, switch my cabin, my friends have air and I need some, the heat can trigger some bad headaches, but they have no other cabins. The person at the desk says she will try to find a fan! It made it only slightly less unbearable. Princess Cay. They turn off the water at 2pm and if you want to prevent heat stroke or dehydration, buy a bottle at the bar! Unbelievable! Back on board. We have not been able to enjoy the view or balcony as we are living in a cave. Drapes closed. Afraid to open the door to the balcony and let the heat in. Went and complained again, this time I asked what do I need to do to get off the ship in St Thomas and fly home and get a full refund! The man at customer service says He doesn't know but will find out. Next day I have hotel manager, the customer service manager who found us a fan, an officer from engineering I think and the guy from maintenance all in our cabin, suddenly they are able to drop the thermostat a couple of degrees! Meanwhile, it must be 90 in the elevators, it felt like 95 in the lobby to the elevators, and it was so humid in the elevator I asked another passenger if he was enjoying the portable sauna. Later in the cruise, the art show auctioneer said they have been working on the ac all week and it was the first time he held an auction in a sauna, yet everyone says the ac is working properly. It was getting hot all over the place. Took 4 days to find a server at dinner that served appropriately! Women first, then the teenagers, then the men. Went to specialty restaurant for more upscale dining, service lousy, no tablecloth, served men first, women last, never checked on things, when he said eggplant when placing a dish in front of my highly allergic wife, we all said wait, she's allergic to eggplant, and he says i never said eggplant, yet 4 people heard him say it as clear as day, and not once did he ask how everything was or if we would like more bread, and when the desert was suppose to have a frozen center yet 4 out of 6 of the deserts had a warm melted mess inside. It was just horrible. Thankfully we reserved the section with the waiter we found for the restbof the cruise except the last night when they refused to take the reservation. The other servers and the rest of the staff all seemed like we were interrupting them, bothering them, or when they asked if we wanted anything, it was as if they were angry when we said yes! There were very few examples of good service, the ice cream was ice milk and horrible, the ice cream in the dining room tasted like they took the ice milk from up too, mixed in some flavoring, then refroze it. Don't ask about the shows, as we never got to see one. It was probably because the kitchen was so slow to send out food that it was a good two and a half hours for us to have dinner. One day it was full and too hot to stand, the next show had the doors closed and a sign said full, the one day we got in early and made it to the theater, they had the doors closed and they said they had some technical difficulties but were doing a sound check and would let us in shortly. Well we stood for half an hour, then they let us in, then we sat for another 20 minutes before the lights went down and the cruise director comes out and says they had some technical difficulties with the stage, blamed it on the waves yet it was the smoothest sailing Ive ever been on, and says that the technical staff has been working on it but said there was no way to fix it and due to safety, they were replacing it with a last minute replacement by one of their performers and brings out the lounge singer to do a tribute to Stevie Wonder... banging on the keys something awful, it was horrendous. It would have been proper to inform us of the switch before we waited almost an hour for something put together in 45 minutes. We went to see the drag Queen show in the nightclub, those are usually funny and raunchy and a good time, this was just bad. He went to do a quick change and was on the second verse singing off to the side and struggling to get changed even with help. I asked slmebody which pool was open, he said none, eventually I found the one that was open. The entire cruise director staff seemed unorganized and even rude at times. The cruise director wasnt even sociable, it seemed like nobody really could care less. That waitor we found was surprised and in disbelief when we told him he was the only decent service we found on the ship, he almost cried. The food was jot very good everywhere we went, pizza was wait and get so so pizza, took forever to get items replaced when they ran out in the buffet, the hot stuff was cold, the cold stuff was luke warm, and the couldnt even cook the eggs correctly, and the guy running the omlets was too busy foing too many things and talking to coworkers to do things properly, took my pager and then went on to fo other things while I stood waiting, then wanted to know why I was standing there, and then When I said he needed my food, and gabe him the number from the pager, he handed it to me like I was a bother, yet he just forgot to give it to me, but he also couldnt be bothered to apologize at all. And if you do not cash out your bank at the casino, it doesnt go back on your account, you would lose it, so make sure you cash out your casino bank. After 11pm, nothing available except a small cafe with limited pre-made items and coffee for a fee, no activities except the nightclub. Tried to go to the stargazing, sorry, we dont have enough equipment, maybe next time. Next time not in a heated dungeon with horrible staff from the dark ages... people on the ship who have taken Princess before have said it was not like this before, but I dont think I will ever do another Princess cruise again. I guess taking my money to keep the princess in her jewels is all they do! I cant see why anyone would take a Princess cruise based on this experience.

How do I get off and get a refund

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by EZ1966

I guess taking my money to keep the princess in her jewels is all they do!

I cant see why anyone would take a Princess cruise based on this experience.
EZ1966’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 11-731
Hot, with refrigerator that doesnt work, bought bottled water took 3 days to get almost cool not cold
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins