Crystal Serenity Cruise Review

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by as.rogers

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Picture Window

We thought we booked the same line we took on another cruise, but it turned out to be the Crystal Serenity, which was even better. The staff were happy, which we like because it means the company treats them well, then they treated us very well. We liked the way every time we sat down, whether it was in the central lounge on Deck 5 or the Forward lounge on Deck 12, there was someone approaching us to ask if there was anything they could get for us.

It was called an "amenity" cruise, and it was indeed. We were treated extremely well from the time we arrived at the ship, throughout the cruise, and when we left to go home. The food was fabulous, the prosecco, chamboard cocktails and wine flowed freely, and there were light activity shore excursions that I could enjoy. Crystal is definitely now my favorite cruise line, and I hope we can take another cruise with this line soon.

Having talked with others who have taken other cruise lines to the same locations, I find that the fact that Crystal allows you to take as many or as few shore excursions, but only pay for the ones you take, is an advantage. As my ability to walk decreases, I would take fewer shore excursions, but would enjoy every bit of the cruise as much or more than I did this time.

as.rogers's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Picture Window
Cabin C3 7024

Clean and spacious cabin that accommodated the two of us. All we had to do was ask, and we were set up with both CPAP machines and enough distilled water for the cruise. Our cabin was equipped with a button for us to push for "do not disturb" or to tell the cabin attendant when the cabin was available to be cleaned. Nela was thorough and kept the cabin neat, tidying up throughout the day. We had a tub with shower and two sinks, which accommodated us very well.

Copenhagen

We also took the jazz cruise, which gave a great perspective from the canals, while being entertained by a jazz combo.

Schwerin Castle

We had a great cruise director, and Crystal provided shepherds to make sure none of us got left. I should have listened to the notice they sent me that it was more active than I might have expected, but then I would not have met Dale, who helped me keep up with the group.

View All 24 Schwerin Castle Reviews
City Tour

Good overview of the city, but the 400 meter walk uphill to the Rock Church was almost too much for me. Thank goodness for Chip from the Serenity, who walked with me all the way.

View All 193 City Tour Reviews

Before I got the options from Crystal, I was concerned about not being able to climb the stairs in the Hermitage, so I got a suggestion from someone who had been there. She suggested the Comfort Tour, which was great. Oxana, the tour guide pushed me through the Hermitage in a wheelchair, and I felt as if I were having a personal tour. The lunches were included (as was the visa) and were in elaborate restaurants from another era. I did stay on the bus when we went to the churches, so as not to have to climb stairs, and missed some great beauty, according to the Brits, who made up the rest of the tour.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

Good snapshot of the city, since I took the tour with light activity. I do wish I had kept my reservation for the canal cruise, since that would have given another perspective.

View All 141 City Tour Reviews
Tallinn

The cruise line provided a shuttle which took me close to the Old Town, where I wandered a bit and had a wonderful lunch before taking the shuttle back to the ship.

as.rogers