3. Norwegian Sky
My husband and I decided to go on a relaxation/romance cruise for our 22nd wedding anniversary. We've only stayed in an inside cabin before, so the oceanview was really cool. We enjoyed watching the sun rise and set and also pulling into and out of port. The best part of the cruise was the free open bar. We figured it would be only a few off brand wines and beers, but it was everything we liked. The worst part was the food choices. Unless you ate dinner at the main dining rooms each meal, the choices were basically always the same. We never found a dessert we really liked. Also, sometimes the cards for the name of the dishes on the buffet were not correct. There were times when the chefs on the buffet line were not nice. Also, sometimes the crew got in the way in the serving lines while they were cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they were cleaning, but it seemed as if they didn't understand they were in the way in the line. Overall, the cruise was very nice. We were supposed to go to Havana, but that was changed. But, we enjoyed the ports and the ocean.

Oceanview in Cabin

mdillard3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 8206
I thought our cabin was nice. It was well taken care of in terms of our steward.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Freeport
    We loved the beach house. The staff was super nice, and the food was great! The beach was good, but we were not told that the rocks were so jagged. Would recommend this excursion.
    View All 13,595 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Great Stirrup Cay
    I'm not sure if it was due to the rain or what, but the island smelled like a sewer. We couldn't stand the smell, so we went back to the ship.
    View All 1,175 Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    The only reason I am not giving this experience an excellent rating is because the staff on the island was very rude. I took this same excursion last summer, and the tender crew was so much fun on the way to the island. They told us about things we saw along the way, played music, and were generally very nice. The crew on this tender only talked to each other--but they sure did pass that tip bucket around. The market staff was extremely rude. We went to get our lunch, and we felt like we had done something wrong because of the way they acted. They didn't answer our questions (acted like we were bothering them) and even charged us a different amount for a beer the second time we purchased (same beer). The gift shop was closed (I assume because of their independence day). We really enjoyed the beach and the beautiful, crystal clear water, but I would have to think twice before ever going again due to the attitude of the people who work on the island. We overheard some other people expressing the same things about the island staff.
    View All 13,595 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews