3. Celebrity Summit
My new bride and I decided to take this cruise for our honeymoon. Check in and parking at the Bayonne terminal was SUPER easy! 30 minutes from leaving our car to in our room! We paid for a concierge balcony room, room 8108. We were VERY disappointing to see that our balcony was basically cut in half on a diagonal making it very small and very hard to have both of us on the balcony. We were also not very happy to see that celebrity did absolutely nothing to acknowledge that it was our honeymoon. Basically if you are going on your honeymoon, pick Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity. Other than that this cruise was SUPER relaxing! What made it different that Royal is there are not as many activities during sea days which leaves plenty of time for napping and chilling! The food was PHENOMENAL! Everything was cooked to par and met all of my expectations. We had Inocente and Suvingar as our wait staff the first night and had others other nights who were not even friendly, but we ended up requesting them for the remainder of the cruise. For my birthday we went to the Tuscan Grill in which we were treated like royalty! They served us TOO much delicious food that we couldn't even eat the birthday cake they gave us but they did room service it to the room for free! The late night pizza and cookies at the Oceanview cafe were the perfect midnight snacks! The ship itself is very beautiful and very clean! It is a smaller ship and it does get tight on deck 4 since the dining room, casino, and theater are all on the same floor and gets crowded to get from place to place. Elevators are hard to catch as well since they do one job at a time as opposed to stop floor by floor and are also usually packed. They also decide to clean the elevators when it is time for all the passengers to disembark at the ports so imagine thousands of people trying to use only two elevators.... The pools were very small and could only hold 20 people at a time. The solarium pool was closed often as well. Forget about finding a chair, it is NOT going to happen unless you wake up at 6AM to reserve a spot. They put signs out to not do that but people do it anyways. I recommend enjoying the solarium beach chairs and beach "pods" in the evening. It was very quiet, comfortable, and had nice relaxing spa music to relax you after a long day! I wish I had these chairs at home! Dan the cruise director is certainly a character and his sidekick Nacho was a joy to have on the ship! The evening entertainment was AWESOME!!! In the end, Bermuda was stunning and enjoyed our vacation!

Honeymoon Trip

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Royal1836

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 3
My new bride and I decided to take this cruise for our honeymoon.

In the end, Bermuda was stunning and enjoyed our vacation!
Royal1836’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 3
Cabin C3 8108
Balcony is the smallest on the ship as it cut in half (diagonal). Could barely fit two chairs...
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins