3. Sapphire Princess
It was a good trip as we got to see parts of Norway landscape and mountains as the ship travel thru the fjords. We visited a few of small villages where we took excursions that gave us some wonderful views of the valley. The only issue a I had was the length of stay in Bergen as it was really not enough time to see the city as there were many things to look and see in this wonderful city. The cruise itself was average as the boat did sort of showed it aged but Princess did a good job of renovating it. Dining was fine as the menu selection was close to the local food. The sea was not too rough as most of the time it was smooth sailing. The entertainment was fine but was not too exciting as I would have expected. The comedian Juggler I think was the best of all of the shows. We liked the music playing in the piazza as we sat with out latte and relax. The movies under the stars was good - except it was kindof chilly which is expected.

My Norway Cruise

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by slushing

slushing’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF d7126
The cabin is average size that is similar with other cruises (except for the newer ship which are a little larger) - it does need a little renovating to brighten the room as I felt it was a little dull. Bed was great as I slept very well with so much comfort. The only thing is need a tiny more space.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Bergen
    The only issue here is the time spent in port as it was well too short for a stay as I wished it would have given a longer time as we were note able to walked and enjoy the town as we had hope for. This place had a lot of shops and Food hall as well the market which we could have tried some local cooking but due to the time - we could not. The trip to the top of the mountain via a cable train was great as we saw the cloud (we were above it) coveringt he city but the fog clear and we saw the area. The hike down from the mountain was agood hike as we pass forest and house along the way back to the ship.
    View All 638 Bergen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bergen Cruise Port Review
  • Mount Dalsnibba
    Going up the mountain was a experience since we were taveling on a big bus on a winding road that was really narrow. There times that the bus had to back up and you can see it was close to the edge. At the top - we were able to see a great view of the area including the ship. On our return - we were able to get off before the town fall as we walked down along the town fall which was great. In town it was really busy as you can tell it is a tourist town with many shop, cafe and stores. The area is nice to stay for a few days
    View All 67 Mount Dalsnibba Reviews
  • Olden
    We did take a excursion which we went to Flam to get onto the cable car to the top of a mountain which gave us great view of the area. We also travel to see a glacier along this narrow and winding road. The town is very small as we walk around.
    View All 157 Olden Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Olden Cruise Port Review
  • Southampton
    There was no public transportation to the cruise terminal which would have been nice. We had to walked about 1/2 mile to get to the terminal
    View All 969 Southampton Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Southampton Cruise Port Review
  • Stavanger
    We walked all over town as it was nice to see many of the places as well as the waterfront
    View All 273 Stavanger Cruise Port Reviews