• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

slushing
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Interior

It was a good trip as we got to see parts of Norway landscape and mountains as the ship travel thru the fjords. We visited a few of small villages where we took excursions that gave us some wonderful views of the valley.

The only issue a I had was the length of stay in Bergen as it was really not enough time to see the city as there were many things to look and see in this wonderful city.

The cruise itself was average as the boat did sort of showed it aged but Princess did a good job of renovating it. Dining was fine as the menu selection was close to the local food. The sea was not too rough as most of the time it was smooth sailing. The entertainment was fine but was not too exciting as I would have expected. The comedian Juggler I think was the best of all of the shows. We liked the music playing in the piazza as we sat with out latte and relax. The movies under the stars was good - except it was kindof chilly which is expected.

Interior

Cabin IF

The cabin is average size that is similar with other cruises (except for the newer ship which are a little larger) - it does need a little renovating to brighten the room as I felt it was a little dull. Bed was great as I slept very well with so much comfort. The only thing is need a tiny more space.

Port Reviews

Southampton

There was no public transportation to the cruise terminal which would have been nice. We had to walked about 1/2 mile to get to the terminal

Stavanger

We walked all over town as it was nice to see many of the places as well as the waterfront

Olden

We did take a excursion which we went to Flam to get onto the cable car to the top of a mountain which gave us great view of the area. We also travel to see a glacier along this narrow and winding road. The town is very small as we walk around.

Bergen

The only issue here is the time spent in port as it was well too short for a stay as I wished it would have given a longer time as we were note able to walked and enjoy the town as we had hope for. This place had a lot of shops and Food hall as well the market which we could have tried some local cooking but due to the time - we could not. The trip to the top of the mountain via a cable train was great as we saw the cloud (we were above it) coveringt he city but the fog clear and we saw the area. The hike down from the mountain was agood hike as we pass forest and house along the way back to the ship.

4 Helpful Votes