3. Freedom of the Seas
We chose this cruise for the ports. We flew to Puerto Rico the day before and walked around site seeing on our own. Lots of places to shop and explore. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan which is great for Carnival cruises but Royal Caribbean docks about 10 mins away and you’ll need to get a taxi, unfortunately. Embarkation was quick and we were onboard in no time! Shockingly, one of our suitcases made it to the cabin before we did and the other was delivered shortly after. Our cabin was ok. Nothing special. The balcony was a good size and the chairs were comfortable. This ship is older and needs the update it will soon be getting. Other areas of the ship weren’t that bad but the staterooms did make me cringe a little. It’s just dated and a little dirty. Our AC didn’t work well and it was hot and humid. We ate at Windjammer for breakfast and had no issues. Good food, huge variety. Lunches we were off the ship except for the one sea day and we ate at Sabor! It was amazing! Loved the guacamole. Unfortunately, I read this restaurant will be going away with the upcoming remodel. For dinner we would go to the dining room during the my time. It was always busy and they take reservations so plan to make them or you will be waiting for a table but one seated, service was top notch and food was typical. One evening we had dinner at Chops. It was the best steak I’ve had in a long time! Service was great as well. There wasn’t much in the evenings. We always seemed to miss stuff. However, we did see the ice show which was great and also another production show which was ok. I loved that they served popcorn and candy ($2.50 extra). It’s worth the little extra! We were late arriving to St Maarten and had a diving excursion booked through RC. They should have cancelled the dive. We were only under water for 8 mins and then back up and loaded back in the boat. Very disappointed. St Kitts we found a tour guide once off the ship and went to a beach. Wasn’t impressed with where he took us at all. I should have done more research. Antigua was great! We did the lobster and catamaran cruise through RC. It was amazing! The first beach they took us too was the most perfect place. The second beach wasn’t as nice and there were jelly fish swimming around in the water. Food was great and drinks were strong! St Lucia was the prettiest place I’ve ever been. Picture perfect and breathtaking. We booked an excursion on our own using JJ Speedboat Tours. It was perfect! Highly recommend this company! Barbados we did the Jolly Rogers Pirate Adventure booked through RC. It was a blast. You can walk the plank and swing from a rope swing. They serve lunch (additional) and also a short snorkeling excursion. Staff were friendly and drinks were strong (and included). The one sea day didn’t have much going on. We got a massage and then napped. Disembarkation was quick. Definitely use a porter and you will skip the line! Maybe one day we will do it again to do the ABC islands but it’s just too busy and I’m tried. I need more sea days on my cruises.

Exhausting itinerary

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by JKM04

The one sea day didn’t have much going on. We got a massage and then napped.

Disembarkation was quick. Definitely use a porter and you will skip the line!

JKM04’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 7342
The AC did not cool. The bed was hard as a rock. It’s showing it’s age but should be better after dry dock.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins