3. Insignia
I had been researching around the world cruises for the last four years, in preparation for giving myself one as a retirement gift. After comparing many, I selected this one for its outstanding itinerary, which no other ship came even close to. The ship was just refurbished weeks before we embarked, and was like new. The crew was excellent, with superb service. The entertainment was very good, considering the smaller size of this ship. Both Cruise Director's, first half, Leslie, second half Ray, were wonderful, each in his own way. As were the ship's entertainment staff. The enrichment lecturer's were wonderful. The guest entertainer's were mostly very good. I really love the layout and public room's on this ship. It is the perfect size for a port-intensive world cruise, and can get into many ports that the larger ships can not. Yet it is large enough to handle the weather really well, although we had for the most part, excellent weather. I am not a 'foodie', so the fancy menu's were 'wasted' on me...I am satisfied with plain 'meat and potatoes'. Which I certainly did enjoy in all of the food venues. The special events held for the ATW guests were very well received, but I don't feel like those on segments were neglected, at all. My friends I made from the 'solo' group welcomed all to our nightly dinner's, and we made good friends with many doing just segments. The ship held Captain's cocktail parties, and Oceania Club parites, for ALL passenger's on each and every segment. We also mixed well with segment passenger's who attended all of the "Big O Points" games and triviia ....half my team was made from segment passenger's. We also had a Cruise Critic M&G party, on the first sea day of each segment for all the newbies joining the cruise. There was some poor behavior at the needlepoint kit distribution by some, but the staff quickly changed procedures to solve that problem. The crew was simply amazing...friendly, competent, and seemed to know everyone by name. This cruise was life-changing for me in more ways than one.... First, Dr. Boris, and his 2 nurses literally saved my life when I suffered a heart attack on board, and saw to it that I received immediate care in a Bordeaux hospital. I recovered enough a couple of weeks later, that I was able to reboard the ship in Halifax, and complete the voyage to Miami. But the best part, was meeting the love of my life, Betsy on the second day on board, and in front of about 250 of my shipmates, marrying her right on board, with two days to go to the end. It just doesn't get any better than that....:)

Around The World In 180 Days --2019

Insignia Cruise Review by bob brown

I really love the layout and public room's on this ship.

This cruise was life-changing for me in more ways than one....

It just doesn't get any better than that....:)
bob brown’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Inside
Cabin G 4028
Accessible. Didn't need one, but it was all that was left, when I cleared the wait list...I offered to exchange it with anyone needing it.
Naturally very roomy, superb bed and linens. Excellent lighting, storage, climate control, television...(channel 4, the bridgecam view was my "porthole". :)
Location, right behind medical center, offered the smoothest ride on the ship. Easy to get to anywhere on the ship, in minutes.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins