3. Carnival Sunrise
Book another cruise, it’s not a vacation, this experience only consists of many many lines. The buffet area is really small to accommodate all the passengers, the line is constantly very long to get food. People would take their time picking out what they want slowly in the pile of food which also delays the line. Then you have people that are afraid to line up again, (after about 15-20 minutes of waiting) They take piles and piles of food so they don’t have to line up for a second time and end up wasting food. In addition, they take all that food the tray is almost empty for others who have also been waiting. I must say the lucky bowl is quite fast and very good but they are not open all the time. The pizza is open 24 hours. The crust is really thin but it’s good. Again, the line is extremely long. A woman in front of me ordered 7 pies, taking all the pizza that was left. Everyone behind her ended up waiting another half hour for more pizza to be made. The burger place is good but the line is also horrible. The deli is not always open, you do have lots of options. Cold and hot sandwiches, but the line is horrendous. At the buffet, my mother in law wanted two pieces of corn so instead of lining up, we nicely asked a woman on the line if we could go in front of her to get it and leave. The lady behind her started getting loud and insisted that we line up. Her attitude was uncalled for and extremely rude. Everyone on that ship was there to have a good time, I see no reason for her to have yelled at us. We never had a problem letting someone just grab what they wanted as long as they asked. There are not much choices with restaurants, you have the sunshine and radiant, the servers are overly worked and you can tell they are super tired but still continue to do their jobs. I must say the waiters are doing their best to keep everything very professional. The food is not a big deal, and there are not much choices, but it’s better than lining up. All the other restaurants such as: Sushi, steak house ($38per person), and Italian food require an additional charge. Why is there an additional charge for food on top of the $6,000 that we paid for the 4 of us. We were all very excited to visit Grand Turks. What a disappointment. The beach is only a few feet away from the ships, leaving very little room to swim. The area is so dirty. There is garbage everywhere and a lot bugs crawling on the sand. I kept asking cruiseship members which chairs and umbrellas belonged to carnival-no one was able to answer me. Every chair we parked on some guys comes up to us harassing for us to pay $25.00. They said the beach chairs in the front all belongs to them and the beach chairs in back belongs to carnival. No cruise members there for us to ask and by the time we settled everything down we just gave up arguing with him and just paid him. On top of that there’s an area where these ppl have a horse tied up on this tree, the smell at that area I felt like we were in a zoo. San Juan is nice and all site seeing and shopping Amber cove my kids really enjoyed it cause the pool is big and nice. Plus shopping area is big. Entertainment; we’ve been to many cruises the cruise director, the Scotsman is okay. He told us when we see him say “Hi Chris” guess what when we see him he really don’t want to be bothered. In front of a big crowd of ppl he’s all nice and approachable but in reality he’s like don’t bother me! Same ppl doing singing and dancing every night, not too entertaining, magic show sucks just this one guy doing only jokes and card tricks. Juggler is a good show. Pool and slides: don’t bothered going to the pool it’s alway very very crowded. There’s only two small pools for 3800 passengers, WTH. Teenagers running everywhere. During the last day of cruise we had to call security cause kids where knocking on our doors running away. Then we saw them throwing ice cream cones on the stairway. We booked 6 cabins for a family reunion, the pulled out beds is so old and painful to sleep on it. I paid extra for a suite cabin, we have a couch that can turned into a king size bed, the most uncomfortable and hard bed ever. Aches and pains the next day. We made a complaint about the bed with guess service, they gave us a foam top that did nothing. Bottom line don’t spend your money on this cruise ship, the ship is small to accommodate all the guests. Everything they want to charge. They kept the casino open all the time so they can take your money. It’s the worse and last carnival cruise for us. We are done with them.

Very disappointed with Carnival

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by Kikican

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

San Juan is nice and all site seeing and shopping

Kikican’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Sunrise price drops

Extended Balcony Grand Suite
Cabin ES 7317
The steward always kept the room very clean. Gave us a new towel animal every night.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins