3. Norwegian Escape
I adore some of the staff on this ship and I struggled as to whether to give this five stars but in the end I decided I need to raise it as a concern simply because it happened literally every single time I sat down for a meal as a solo and I hope they make adjustments. In no way will this review impact my decision to sail with them again. Embarkation was awesome. No delays at all, very short wait. I boarded around 1 and decided to go to one of the dining rooms for lunch. I was seated very quickly and ordered a bloody mary with horse radish. I got a bloody mary without the horseradish but they brought me an entire ramekin full of it. I just cannot imagine that anyone would think a person could possibly want or need that much in a drink but since I didn't have the drink package I didn't do anything other than put a small amount in my glass. The meal was good as was all of the food I ate in the dining room although I will do a deep dive on the service shortly. I loved my studio cabin and I loved the studio lounge. I did not love 5PM solo get together and 5:30 dinner because that's too early for me but that is not a negative as some want to get a meal out of the way so they can focus on other things. Solomon was awesome as a host and I hope to see him again on another ship in the future. Many thanks for the chocolate covered strawberries sent to my cabin.Without a doubt, the best ones I've ever had. Since I did not have the alcohol package I opted to buy the six bottles of wine package. I was surprised to find out that this meant that when I asked for a bottle they'd bring it to me, open it, pour a glass, leave the cork on the table and walk away. YES, this was epic. That meant I could take the bottle with me anywhere and no matter where I went (I didn't take it with me up on the pool deck so this would be limited to decks 6-8) the bartenders brought me a glass when I asked (had they offered to pour for me I would have tipped them). I was very happy to have a bottle to bring back to my cabin and even happier I could walk down the hall, down a flight of stairs to get a glass of water/ice anytime I wanted. Brilliant, don't ever change the concept of the studios. The only time I would not want to do one is on a transatlantic or where the weather could be rocky. I don't get seasick but I'd like to have the option of sitting out on the waterfront. My cabin steward was good, very personable and having asked for ice to put the champagne on once, he made sure every single day to replace it. Unfortunately I never had the right opportunity to drink it (see above) so hopefully he was able to find another crew member who could enjoy it. So now that brings me to the single diner. When you are seated at the complimentary tables, you are given a menu and someone will ask if you want water/juice. As a solo, when the waiter/waitress comes over to take your meal they don't introduce themselves as they do at other tables (there's a million hours of video tape available to back this up) they just say "Hello, are you ready to order". If it's dinner, you tell them what you want for an appetizer, and what you want for your main course. They bring out from the kitchen two plates. Both are covered. They present you with the first and walk away. They (and their assistant) may tend to other tables but they do notice when you are done and voila they take your plate away and simultaneously put your entree down. That's very efficient for them, trying to get you, the single diner out of the dining room, but that doesn't help if you are the type who wants to dine slowly. After I experienced that once I told them before I ordered to NOT bring out both plates at once and when I saw they brought two plates on the tray the next night I told them point blank I would not accept that second plate and to send it back. Maybe it was a language barrier, maybe it was because they thought I was in a hurry but that's not how one should "dine". Maybe I am just picky and perhaps other people who are alone just want to get it over with but I would rather have someone ask me if I need anything else while I'm eating or just let me enjoy my meal and treat me as if I'm as important as if I were part of a group of 8. So while I did not enjoy the dining aspect, the entertainment was awesome. So very excited about Choir of Man. I don't know why more people don't go see After Midnight but that was awesome. I loved meeting members of management around the ship. Maybe I should have told them how single travelers are treated but quite honestly I needed to see it three times to be able to say this is the instruction they are giving! I'm not sure why but they are because they all served me identically.

Five Star for everything but dining room.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Mademypoint

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

Embarkation was awesome. No delays at all, very short wait.

Mademypoint’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1
See above I loved my studio
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Aquarium
    i just can't give high marks to an excursion that says they leave you in another place and you have to pay to get back to the ship. If they cannot bother to tell you when you book that they will do this I cannot bother to rate the excursion as excellent.