3. Carnival Legend
We were a party of three sailing on July 9-My sister and a friend. We were supposed to be a party of four but my brother had last minute health issues that prevented him from sailing. We embarked in Seattle...easy embarkation. My sister and I are both platinum, but overall it was so simple I don't think it mattered. My friend and I were in a vista suite on deck four and my sister was in an aft balcony just down the hall. Rooms were both ready when we boarded. I have sailed the Legend four times now, and add in three trips on her sister ship the MIracle. I love this class of ship (mid-sized). Easy to navigate, looks like a ship and not a floating brick, never felt crowded, and a serenity area with a pool at the back. I have zero interest in rock walls, zip lines, or dive in theater on my ship, just want great public spaces to eat (they do have a Guys and a Blue Iguana) while not feeling like I was getting squished. Cabin: First time in an aft wrap suite. Pros: The room was amazingly large, great storage, beautiful bathroom with jetted tub, and the BALCONY of my dreams. Con: One single 110 outlet in the room, and unlike my recent trip on the Paradise, this ship was not retrofitted with lamps that had usb ports. But even without retrofitting...one 110 in a suite? Even before updating? Seriously? (Fortunately I had a charger that held two usb ports. Note the decor of the room is still the traditional Carnival peach/orange, but that doesn't bother me. Dining: We had booked six months out which is apparently late for Alaska, so the only thing left was late assigned seating, listed at 8:15pm (it ended up being 7:45). First stop was to the Matre d' prepared to beg and plead to see if we could get moved. Before we said two words in a row he said "Any time dining? Done. Have a great trip ladies." Our first night we did the steak house but after that we dined in a section manned by Antonio and his team, and we enjoyed them so much that we asked for them every night. Again, the maitre d staff could not have been more accommodating, as we also needed a table, not a booth. Great job all around. The food itself was nothing new for Carnival...I enjoyed it, it was pretty good (the steak house was very good) but not exceptional. Entertainment: By far and away the highlight for me was Jonathan in the piano bar, who may be the best I have ever seen. Talented piano player and singer, but most importantly he got the crowd going, joining in, making requests, and having fun. Other single lounge acts also seemed very good. As for the playlist productions, we caught three of them, and my reaction as always is "meh". I live in New York, I go to Broadway...this doesn't compare. 'The Brits' in particular was weak. We did not hit any of the comedy shows. Activities: There was a naturalist on board, which is a must when in Alaska, and she was very informative. I wish we had been able to hear her better when we were on our balcony. Shore Excursions: Sailing through Tracy Arm Fjord was worth the entire journey itself. However our trip to Skagway-Haines involved a boat ride through a nature preserve, Juno saw us at the Mendenhal Glacier and a salmon bake, and Ketchican with a Rain forest hike, all of which were enjoyable. Worst thing was that we sailed out of Ketchican at 1pm; it would have been better to stay longer and skip Victoria, which I gather is not possible. Victoria the night before we got off the cruise was a wasted stop; we took a shuttle in to town but the place seemed to be completely closed up except for a handful of souvenir shops. Waste of time. Service: We've always had great luck with our room stewards and other crew, and this was no exception. Anything we needed was well attended to. We did not travel with kids, but there were a lot more children than I would have expected for Alaska, and they all seemed to be having a great time. I did not see any running amok. Overall, an excellent time.

Alaska via Seattle July 9

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by meanjean80

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite

Overall, an excellent time.
meanjean80’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Vista Suite
Cabin VS 4228
Needs better accommodations for modern electronics, otherwise excellent.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins