3. Nieuw Statendam
We choice this ship, because we wanted to do the Baltic Cruise and see St. Petersburg and Amsterdam was a good place to start and end since I was born in Amsterdam. We have done plenty of cruises, but this one was the worst one ever. The electrical outlet in the bathroom was not dual electricity, so I ruined my Waterfloss Pick. We went up the buffet restaurant sat down and I asked one of the waiters for a glass of water......he said, sorry, I don't look after that and walked away.????? That was the beginning of our agony. It was a 14 day cruise, and I got sick on the 7th day, (apparently bronchitis) finding out from the cruise Dr., and he also advised me he had no medication (not even cough syrup, and they did not sell it in their stores either). Their stores were another petty full experience. As were there "existing shows"... another petty full experience I was amazed we even had to pay for water, that has never happened on approx. 30 cruises we have done, including other HAL ships over the years. The only thing that was good was the band in their main lobby that played there at night., which I only listen to a few nights, since I spend the other 7 days in bed. The ship was very barren. Artificial Trees and Flowers. Some real ones, but not many. What can I say, I know we will never again go on a ship that takes more than 900 participants. They also misinformed people on the web, it say the ship takes 2600 people they did not add in the 600 3rd berths.. To top it all of on the 8th day the ship sent a" HEALTH ADVISORY Respiratory Illness" around to every cabin on the ship. Which it seems at that time around 1000 people including staff were infected with bronchitis. Don't know what else I could tell anyone, I think above tells it all.

Horrible ship with a bronchitis epidemic

Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by 4164569953

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

Don't know what else I could tell anyone, I think above tells it all.
4164569953’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Statendam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VS 5139
East (Right Side on ship), did not really see very much since half my time was spend in bed
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins