• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Regal Princess Review

Editor Rating

Overall, good itinerary but not enough time in Stockholm or Oslo.

Review for Regal Princess to the Baltic Sea
robisonroger
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. We would have preferred embarking/disembardking in Copenhagen and Stockholm but could not find this itinerary. Also, I think most people would have preferred more time in Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo than a sea day and whole day in Berlin. I know it must be very profitable to Princess and I cannot imagine spending six hours on a train and 4-5 hours in Berlin for the prices charged.

The Princess Club Class is a joke. We tried to use the dining service several times only to be turned away at the time we arrived. The dame thing happened to another couple that we coincidentally met at the Concerto Restaurant entrance two different nights. We were escorted to another dining room twice so just gave up on using our so called Club Class privileges!! I am not sure of any benefits we received for this so-called upgraded experience other than two small bottles of wine in the room!!

The tour guides on the excursions were great especially the ones in St. Petersburg and Oslo. Most of us would like to see more free time built into the excursions for individual exploring. Other cruise lines like Viking do this automatically but Princess does not provide much free time on any of the excursions we went on.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin M1

The cabin was spacious and nice. We do not like sleeping under duvets so the one option was to get a blanket like the ones handed out when you are watching moves on the top deck (Really?). To be in Club Class one would expect some upgrades in the lotions, shampoos, etc. in the bathroom (Like Viking does). Our cabin steward, Manny, was friendly and very helpful (He brought us ice every day). The balcony was fine and the only other issue was the Medallion did not work some of the time which required either waiting on my wife or finding a cabin steward to let me in. I would not pay extra for this cabin again though.

Port Reviews

Stockholm

Had a great, local guide who was very informative.

Helsinki

Our guide was great. It was a Sunday morning so the town was just waking up as we arrived. Beautiful city and people but not a lot to see.

Tallinn

We love walking old towns like Tallin. Similar to Rothenburg in Germany but larger and more vibrant.

previous reviewnext review