3. Carnival Victory
This was my second cruise, first being with just my son (10 months at the time), and I. This second cruise was with our whole family. It was by far the worst family vacation we've ever had. Never again will we use carnival. They screwed up all our room assignments (they gave me a $300 on board credit that got immediately eaten up by gratuities), staff is beyond rude, no one cares if you are having a issue unless you inform them you are having issues with locating your autistic son due to the incompetent staff shuffling my kids to the wrong zone for the drill. My son was suppose to be excused from the drill due to his medical issues but nooooooooo the steward staff made my son, daughter, and grandmother leave their room. By the time I reached my son he was a minute away from passing out. He has heat triggered seizures. The guest service manager tried to prevent me from getting my son out of the drill area. I had to yell at her he needed to leave. When she came to find me to try to I guess tell me about myself she realized the situation was actually serious she then changed her stank attitude and tried to kiss butt. Same with the dinning room staff in the Atlantic dinning room. The hostess was so rude and the head manager as well but of course when I said to my fiance that situation was just one more thing to add to our email to corporate he changed his attitude. It seems in order for the crew to be nice you have to inform them you are contacting corporate. I could honestly go on and on about how horrible the crew was but Ill save myself from getting frustrated again. As far as food.... It was gross. Eggs are super runny, bacon is dang near raw, pancakes taste like crap, syrup is watered down, even the main dinning room dinner is just bad. The only thing i enjoyed was the crab legs and I had to pay $25 for it. No matter if it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner its crap. We did the cat in the hat breakfast and although my kids enjoyed meeting the characters the food was basic. Now the port.... We stopped in Nassau bahamas and man oh man that port was NASTY. As soon as we got off the ship we were disgusted by how dirty the port was. And then when we got past the tourist information gate we were swarmed by ppl trying to push services or merch on us. That was annoying but i get it. What got me really annoyed was numerous guys came up to us (my kids too) asking if we needed weed or "blow" (im assuming thats cocaine). Like they have no care in the world there are little kids there. A lot of shops try to play you aswell and take your money claiming they have no change. Thank god I read and did my research before we got there and knew not to buy anything at the port and to walk a few blocks down to get everything cheaper. the straw market was interesting.... VERY hot so that was interesting to see how all these vendors just deal with the heat. Getting on and off the boat was pretty easy but we did get off 2 hours after we ported and got back on a way before everyone else. Now the debarking wasn't too bad. I didnt wait for our deck number bc frankly my son was just tired of waiting and starting to get a big sensory overload. They didnt give me issues about leaving before our deck was called. Aside from all the issues with food, staff, ect, the boat it self was overly crowded, our room didnt even get turned one day, there was a lot of rust around the boat, there isnt much to do either. Even with the little they had to do it was so packed it wasnt worth waiting for the activities. We also had a party crew in the room across from us and holy crap they were loud. The screaming and laughing lasted up until around 3am and started right back up at 8am. It was very annoying. Security even came up a few times bc i guess other guest complained but those ppl could care less and the moment security was gone they started yelling again. Oh and lets not forget about on both decks 6 and 7 (I had two rooms) the hallways reeked of marijuana. Def not something I want my kids to be smelling. Oh and let me not forget to mention how the communication between the 800 number, the crew on the boat from the different departments and management has HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION. No one knows anything and none of the requested accommodations I requested for my autistic child and my other child with server food allergies were granted So if asked if i would ever use carnival again.... my answer would be "HECK NO"! This will have been the first and the last time I ever give them a shot.

Family Vacation from hell!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Lenakattou21

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

Lenakattou21’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Cabin 7724 & 6341
Small and when i pulled the sheets off the bed i saw how dirty the bottom sheet was. Kind of gross. The shower is very hard to maneuver in. Water from the shower gets all over the floor. The hair dryer in the room is crap and it had some nasty crap all over the handle. They clearly dont wipe them down after each guest. The steward did switch out the towels when I asked.... but other than that it was very blah
  Carnival Victory Deck Plans