3. Queen Victoria
We decided to take this cruise to celebrate my son's 18th birthday, which was on the date of departure. We were upgraded to Princess Grill (for a cost) and I was beside myself with excitement, having been on the old QE2 some time back. We are Celebrity afficionados, but we were excited to see what one of the Queens would be like. I found it a mixed bag to be honest. The Princess Grill suite was a real disappointment; nothing like a lowest grade Celebrity Sky Suite, and certainly not in line with suite expectations. The service from the steward was great, but no contact from the concierge at all. We had a lovely greeting with strawberries, fresh fruit and sparkling wine, which really set the mood. The Princess Grill restaurant was good. Lovely service, fabulous wine list. The food on the first night was indifferent; gritty scallops and a very tough steak. The restaurant redeemed itself on other meals, but I can't say that it met the expectations at this level, and certainly not at the price point that they would normally charge. The ambience in the restaurant was good, and no hint of the snobbery that others sometimes refer to. The gym was very good, and it was fun to play table tennis with the kids also. Lastly, the atmosphere on the ship was, for me, dead. Very little nightlife if you aren't into ballroom dancing. I felt the age demographic was much, much older than expected. Perhaps it's the itinerary. None of this would stop me travelling with Cunard again, as overall the ship is in good condition and the service was excellent, but I'd have to think hard about the class, the itinerary, and my travelling companions. My daughter can't wait to get back on Celebrity in a few weeks for Alaska!

Mini cruise to Hamburg; a mixed bag

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Carolinep1

The gym was very good, and it was fun to play table tennis with the kids also.

Carolinep1’s Full Rating Summary