Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Del60

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

My wife and myself have just completed our second cruise with Royal Caribbean, This time on one of the smaller ships, it had good and bad points, The ship was very well run from the moment we arrived at Rome airport, RC staff took control of everything , luggage was taken and delivered to our cabin, transfers were on time and embarkation was smooth.

The ship has some lovely areas lots of dark wood and never felt crowded, however there were areas that were very tired looking ie the outside area of the windjammer, this did not stop us from enjoying the area and we would have breakfast every morning in the sun but it needs upgrading soon.

We ate in the MDR each evening, the staff like all the staff on board were efficient and friendly remembered our names and found time to speak each evening but the food while plentiful was not of a high standard I got the impression RC do the bare minimum expected as they want you to pay for the premium restaurants.

We took two RC excursions, the first was Panoramic Cartagena don't waste your money the only interesting part was the Roman theatre, and it turns out that was two minutes and in view of the ship.

I would recommend the Flamenco show in Majorca we both enjoyed it very much.

The other ports of call we did our own thing as they were very easy to get around.

All in All I would recommend this cruise because of the great staff but again RC spend some more money on the ship.

Del60's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 8638

Cabin was fine, clean and I liked the shower had proper sliding doors rather than a curtain, the attendant Robin was great always greeted us with a smile and did a good job,

Barcelona

Great place to visit, easy to get around on the hop on / off bus

Portofino

The sea was a bit rough for the tenders and we gave up waiting in line after an hour, shame as it looked a lovely place to visit.

Del60