3. Royal Princess
Recently cruised 7 days Anchorage to Vancouver. I could hardly believe the poor food in the buffet, often lukewarm and poor quality, mostly stews it seemed. But the worst was the lack of cleanliness. Railings were shiny on top but I usually avoid the top rail because every other person has touched it. The 2nd row was almost always a sticky mess.This is not acceptable. Buffet on sister ship the Regal was great 1 1/2 years ago and I expected the same. As mentioned previously quality of food was a big letdown. No hot eggs or meats. Desserts not very tasty. the first 2 days of the cruise there was a person by the hand washing station leaning against the far wall requesting people to wash. I figure about 90% compliance. After those 2 days here was no staff person there, about 10% of people were actually washing hands, hand sanitizer dispenser was around the corner where it could barely be seen. I find this completely unacceptable, especially as most cruisers were first time on Princess so need to learn infection control. Kid in Pyjamas in front of hot counter sneezing with no hand coverage just pushed me over the edge. It appears Princess has changed their bed linens also, no top sheet and duvet cover is about 3o" shorter than the duvet so your feet are covered by a duvet that probably was used for the last person too. I did not like this either.

28th Princess cruise and I think it's the last

Royal Princess Cruise Review by molly2kit

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
Recently cruised 7 days Anchorage to Vancouver.

molly2kit’s Full Rating Summary