3. Scenic Crystal
We chose this cruise to get a good overview of the countries along the upper Danube. We arrived in Budapest a day prior to embarkation, in order to have more time to explore the city. We stayed at the Marriott, which is the preferred hotel for Scenic. We were picked up at the airport and transferred to the hotel, and then picked up at the hotel and driven to the Crystal. Everything went so smoothly, once we arrived, we were invited to enjoy a drink in the lounge and get our room cards when ready. This was a great way to avoid a lineup of everyone in the lobby. The food and service on the ship was excellent (although my mom, with whom I was travelling, felt that the food she had on a Caribbean cruise with Celebrity was just a touch better). The choices for excursions were plentiful and varied, although I found that with a few of them, there was either not enough free time, or too much free time, depending on how large the area was to explore. In Vienna, we ended up taking the hop on, hop off bus tour in order to see more of the city, as we had free time, and one of the stops was right in front of our ship at the pier. Our cabin (110) was fine for sleeping, although the shower was far too small. I can't imagine how a larger person could even move! The bed was comfortable and the cabin crew came in twice a day, once in the morning to clean and then again to turn down and leave the next day's schedule. Disembarkation was also quite smooth, and they even provided a tour of Nuremberg which was not listed as part of the trip. The also dropped us at our privately arranged hotel at the end of the tour, which was great, as we had expected we would have to arrange our own transport from the ship.

Amazing way to see Europe!

Scenic Crystal Cruise Review by jennmur

jennmur’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Crystal price drops

We chose a cabin without a balcony as we felt it was not needed. However, the shower was so tiny, and after seeing another passenger's cabin with balcony, next time, I think I would choose the upgrade if only for the larger shower. It was fine for sleeping in though, and we didn't really need a balcony as we spent most of our time on the sundeck when sailing.