3. Carnival Valor
If you are looking for a relaxing cruise and a great price and fun port, then I would recommend the Valor. I have over 125 cruise days with Carnival on 14 of their ships. I have never had a problem on any cruise. This was our first time on the Valor. Since we love visiting New Orleans, it seemed like the perfect time to bring my Mother-In-Law on her first cruise. Getting to the Port took a lot longer because of road construction and the Essence Festival activities. Regardless, we made it during our assigned time and walked onto the ship in about 10 minutes. While the Valor is older, it does have some of the food venus of the new ships. The big piece missing was water works which would have been nice as it would have given people more places to cool off as this was hot and humid cruise. Every place we ate was great. We never have any complaints about the food. We can always find something we like. We had anytime seating for dinner. There was never a wait the service was great as usual. While lines did form in the Lido dining area on port stops, if you took the time to walk around, you would find a line that had little to no waiting. We hit some of the triva in the Atrium bar. The fun squad did a great job even though my oldest and I bombed the country music one however we did do pretty good in the Big Bang contest. The Lido deck competions were fun as usual. Unfortunitly rain hit so they had to canecel some of them and move Cruie for St. Jude inside. They were still able to raise more than a $1000 though which is good. We ordered room service a few times and the wait was no longer than 20 minutes. We also used the Carnival Hub app for pizza delivery. I think it took 15 minutes and the pizza was nice and hot. I hit the first family friendly comedy show and my family made the second one. Both comendians were good even. The musicians around the ship were great. Usually I find one on each cruise that I prefer to listen too but all were very good so I did not stick to one particular group. I hit the gym a several times. The first sea day was busy in the morning but the rest of the time it was easy to get in for a work out and not have to wait for any of the machines The staff was great and always there to help. It is very rare that I go to guest services unless I am adding a gift card to my sail and sign account. This time we had to check out a medical cooler to store my daughters perscription. We also had a couple of reusable ice packs that we needed to keep frozen. We were able to switch them out through out the cruise. They just put our cabin number on them. We had to deal with Tropical Storm Berry on the last day which resulted in us getting diverted to Mobile. They had over a hundred buses waiting to get us back to New Orleans. We were off the ship and on our way back to NOLA by 7:00AM. We dropped pur luggage off at our planned hotel for the night around 10:00AM. Not bad all things considered.

Fun family cruise with the mother-in-law!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Ft4rsmu

The staff was great and always there to help.

Ft4rsmu’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 7218
Overall, the cabin was great. We had two cabins on this cruise. Ours was 7218 and the kids were in 7214. The rooms were nice and clean with plenty of storage. The tempature was little warm though. While it is nice to have a window, it was not worth the extra money since we spend so little time in the cabin. Plus it is nice and dark for when you want to sleep in.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins