3. Celebrity Reflection
I chose this cruise because several of our friends cruise Celebrity regularly and speak highly of it. This is my first cruise on this line. We usually book on Seabourn, but this ship had the itinerary we wanted at the time we were available to go, so we choose this cruise. One of my biggest gripes is the way they manage their suite class cabins. Other lines allow only three people per room, max. However, Celebrity has bunk beds in some of the rooms and a fold out sofa. So I assume you can pack the whole family (kids fares are deeply discounted) into a small suite and then you have access to Luminae, a restaurant exclusive to suite travelers. The kids carry on, some toddlers scream, and the parents often do nothing to quiet them. Misbehaving children have been a real problem for me on this cruise. So much so, I would not book again on Celebrity. Also, we bought the premium beverage package. If you drink spirits, premium spirits are available at most bars and restaurants, but I am a wine drinker. The wines I paid for with my premium beverage package are not available at most bars. If you give them advance notice, they will make an effort to accommodate you, but why should I have to bother with that? Some of the servers do not seem well oriented to the different types of wine. I ordered an after dinner glass of Zinfandel, which is what I had been drinking at dinner, at the bar. They brought me white Zinfandel. I tried to explain to the young waiter that there was a difference, but he never really got the message. So they are happy to sell you a premium beverage package, but you are likely going to be served white Zinfandel. There is a significant wait to get into Luminae, unless you go very early or very late. Most of the food is frozen, especially the seafood. I guess with this many people to feed, there is no way to do everything fresh. I understand it, but it is disappointing, none the less.

I am underwhelmed