MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Kathymcd

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I have read a lot of bad reviews about the MSC Musica and was very worried but it was amazing! Embarkation and Disembarkation were not great experiences however apart from that everything was great. The staff are second to none and cannot do enough for you. The shows were fabulous and the entertainment staff work non stop to make sure everyone is having fun. The bar staff are so friendly and the cleaners keep the place spotless. Food was great, my son loved the pizza especially. We only used the buffet as have no complaints. The ship never felt overly busy and you could always find a space for yourself. We had a balcony room which was fabulous and had everything we needed. The Itinerary was the reason I booked this cruise and it didn’t disappoint with the highlights being Mykonos, Dubrovnik and Venice. Brindisi was a surprise too such a beautiful little town. This was a first cruise for myself and my son and we loved everything about it from start to finish. I set my expectations low and everything exceeded my expectations!

Kathymcd's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 10210

The cabin was spacious and had everything we needed. The balcony was an little oasis of calm when I needed some peace and quiet. Our room was cleaned twice a day by Arun and was spotless. He was great! I suppose the only compliant is because it is at the back of the ship the engines rumble through the night. But you get used to it.

Venice

Last day spent in Venice, we used the people mover and left our bags at a baggage storage for the day. Venice is amazing, take a gondola ride for €80 and just get lost wandering the streets

Brindisi

There was a free shuttles bus to the town from the port. I was surprised how nice Brindisi was as I had not heard great reviews. We just wandered about and came across the Cathedral and went inside. Got lots of lovely photos from around the town, it was really Lovely.

Katakolon (Olympia)

Not much to do in Katakolon so we just took a horse and carriage ride along the beach and sat at a beach front bar for a couple of hours. The sun beds were free and there was free WiFi so it was just a nice relaxing afternoon.

Mykonos

We took the sea bus which was €7.99 per person and then just walked around Mykonos ourselves. We were there very early before the cross so that was great. We then went back that be ship for lunch and got out swimming gear and went to the beach for the afternoon. If you walk about 15 mins to the left of where the ship docks there is a beautiful beach and tavern called Agios Steafanos and you can spend a few hours there in sight of the ship. No need to lay for expensive taxis to take you to other parts of the island!

Athens (Piraeus)

The Acropolis was extremely over crowded and hot but you cannot go to Athens and not visit. The views are incredible

Athens (Piraeus)

This was Part of the Acropolis tour and we had a tour of the city with a stop to shop in the Plaka area. It was nice

Sarande

There is not much to do in Sarande however we had a pleasant afternoon at the beach and using in a bar along the beach front. There are a lot of beggars especially children so that is difficult to see. Food and drink is very cheap

Dubrovnik

We had an excursion booked which was cancelled due to not enough people which turned out better did us as we were able to do everything ourselves for half the price. We took a a taxi from the port to the top of the mountain where the cable car is and then after admiring the incredible view for a while took the cable car down which was great. We then toured the old town ourselves and my son swam in the sea which was crystal clear. I was blown away by Dubrovnik, it’s an incredible place and I will most definitely be back. You must go up to the top of the mountain either by cable car or taxi to see a view of the old town from above. Wow is all I can say!

Kathymcd