Independence of the Seas Cruise Review

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Jmaren1974

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We read positive reviews about this ship and the stops before we booked in April. Wow, I’d like to know who’s writing these reviews.

We haven’t made it to one stop yet and I have no idea how we’re going to make it 12 more days. We’ve been on Disney to the Bahamas, Carnaval both to the Caribbean and Mexico and Princess to Alaska. All these cruises have been in the last few years and the food, entertainment, and overall service were a lot better. I’m so disappointed so far. Our room is average but is obviously not maintained that well as there are scuff marks all over the walls especially near the patio door. Our front door doesn’t close well and sometimes stays unlocked because we didn’t realize that it did not close and lock.

But back to the food, the buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner is among the worst I’ve ever had both on the ocean or on land. The other cruise lines buffet food was of this much higher quality. I feel like Royal Caribbean is trying to get its customers to pay for the restaurants that are more upscale or even just better like Johnny Rockets or the fish and chips place near the pool. I resent that after spending as much money as we’ve had to travel to Europe and the cruise it’s self. My family and I are just looking forward to the excursions to Gibraltar, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Sardinia, and southern Spain and hopefully making it back home without getting sick.

Jmaren1974's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 7376

Adequate and clean, but scuff marks along the walls especially close to the patio sliding door.

Jmaren1974